Are Lottery Scratch Offs Rigged?
A simple answer to this question is: no, lottery scratch offs are not rigged. With that being said, you are here because you think these games are rigged.
Scratch cards are a game of luck more than anything else. Of course, you will come across a few guides on stating how to beat online scratch offs. But these are simple tips and tricks that do very little to increase your odds.
Similarly, to doing anything on the internet, you may have some doubts about the legitimacy of online scratch offs. Well, we can give plenty of reasons why scratch offs are not rigged.
For starters, with physical scratch cards, a retailer would have to sell counterfeit cards as originals. This will take some doing as printing fake cards isn’t easy and illegal for starters.
Virtual casinos also have a lot to lose as they risk their credibility when they rig their games.
Can Scratch Offs Be Rigged?
Rigging online casino games is very difficult. Firstly, these types of casinos use a random number generator (RNG) to determine game results. This software ensures all results are random and thus completely fair.
Secondly, the casinos are audited regularly by independent parties who ensure that the games are fair and the casinos are above par.
Lastly, in order to keep their license, the casino has to abide by the rules and regulations set by these regulatory bodies.
While your chances of winning a game’s jackpot are low, there is no foul play by either an online lottery or casino website. Also, the odds of winning the prize will be clearly noted in the scratch off’s rules. This way, you know what to expect from every game that you play.
Tips to Winning with Scratch Cards
Although scratch off games are solely based on luck, there are a handful of tips and tricks you can use to improve your odds, including:
- Read the fine print: this is where you will find all the information on the game odds.
- Bulk Buy: if you buy a few tickets at a time, you eliminate more losing tickets thereby increasing your chances of getting the winning ticket.
- Stick to your budget: even if you are buying tickets in bulk, you need to have a budget and stick to it. Never spend money you can’t afford to lose.
- Play expensive scratch off games: the price of scratch offs ranges from $1 to $20. The odds are 1 to 4 for scratch offs between $1 and $10. $15 cards are 1 to 3, and $20 cards offer a 1 in 2 chance of winning. So, playing the $20 cards (if you can afford it) is a wise decision.
- Play games with the lowest odds: these games will give you a better chance of winning.
As you can see, rather than trying to cheat the system, it’s better to follow our five easy tips to win. Again, you will need luck on your side and a budget to play responsibly.
It is essential that you play at a regulated casino site. Alternatively, play at any of the real money casinos that we have reviewed. Or, you can visit your state’s national lottery website to play.
Some of the popular scratch offs you will find include Ten Lucky Years, 777, Instant Millionaire, 33Chances, and much more.