Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/4/19
Tonight’s NHL action will see the Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers for a Pacific Division clash. The two teams come into the matchup in seemingly different circumstances if one doesn’t look all that closely to the standings but are more or less on the same level. The Coyotes, which are currently 6th on the table, have got a record of 8-4-1. They come into the game on a one-game winning streak, which saw them put three past Colorado and shut them out. They have, however, been pretty uneven on the road.
The Oilers come into the game at the top of the Pacific Division with a record of 10-4-1 (two more wins and two more games played than the Coyotes.) They enter the game on two-match winning streak after dropping four in quick succession. They have been exceptionally strong at home, which is why bookies favor them to win tonight’s matchup. But with the Coyotes seemingly on the up, is this the right decision?
Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Predictions
Before we get into the predictions, here are some Coyotes and Oilers stats we focused on when making our decisions:
- As mentioned above, the Coyotes are ranked 6th in the Pacific Division, but only two wins separate them and the Oilers. The team has recently been on the up with them posting a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10. However, they are more likely to lose on the road, with their record while travelling being 4-2-1.
- Arizona starting goaltender Darcy Kuemper is predicted to be playing this match. He hasn’t been that bad this season having posted a record of 6-3-0 so far, with goals against average of 1.67 and a save percentage of .942. He is coming off a shutout against the Colorado Avalanche, so it’s fair to expect it to be hard to put anything past him.
- The Edmonton Oilers come into the game off a big overtime win at the Pittsburgh Penguins. Their record for the last ten matchups has been a bit shaky at 5-4-1. They are very strong at home, having posted a record of 5-1-0 when playing at Rogers Place, which doesn’t bode well for the Oilers.
- Edmonton is projected to be starting Mike Smith who has been a bit shaky as of late. His current record while on the ice is 5-3-1 with a goals against average of 2.12 and a save percentage of .931. He is coming off an overtime win against Pittsburgh, which saw him concede only one goal.
- Offensively, Arizona seems to be better in many areas, except with regards to Power Play percentages where the Oilers are ranked second in the league. Defensively though. Arizona is much better as they are ranked second in the league for average goals allowed and third for penalty minutes.
With all that said, here are our predictions for Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers:
- Moneyline – we’re going with Edmonton due to their stellar home record. Although they haven’t been playing as well as fans would hope in recent games, Arizona will find it very hard to overcome a team as strong as the Oilers at home.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 19-22
Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/1/19
- Calgary Flames at Nashville Predators Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/31/19
- Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/30/19
- Washington Capitals at Toronto Maple Leafs Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/29/19