Tonight’s NHL action will see an inter-conference matchup with the Arizona Coyotes at the Washington Capitals. The Coyotes come into the game on a three-game loss streak, which has seen them rack up losses both at home and on the road. The team started off the year on a couple of losses and then seemed to be pulling it back but are now back to giving up games. They are currently ranked 9th on the Western Conference table and have the opportunity to move as far as seventh if they win this one.
The Washington Capitals come into this one on a six-game win streak, which has seen them rack up victories against some potential Stanley Cup contenders including the Buffalo Sabres, Toronto Maple Leafs, Calgary Flames, and Florida Panthers. They are on a hot streak and will be looking to keep it going with a win in this one. They are currently ranked first in the Eastern Conference, so naturally, they are considered favorites to win this one. Are the bookies right, though?
Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals Predictions
Well, before we give you our picks, here are some stats of both teams you may find particularly interesting:
- Arizona’s overall record this season so far is 9-6-2. On the road, their record is 5-2-2, which means they are better when they are not playing at home. Their last 10 has been pretty even with them coming in with a record of 5-4-1. They are currently on three-game loss streak though, with their most recent being a 3-4 defeat against Minnesota at home.
- Darcey Kuemper is expected to start for the Coyotes at goaltender tonight. He comes into the game with a 7-5-0 record, a goals against average of 2, and a save percentage of .930. His last game was against Minnesota where he let in four goals. If Kuemper does not start tonight, Antti Raanta will probably start and his last game saw him concede four goals too. He is not quite on the level of Kuemper either with a goals against average of 3.12 and save percentage of .912.
- Arizona is a pretty good defensive team. They currently rank second in terms of goals allowed with a total of 2.41 and third for penalty minutes for which they are tied for third. They are not as good offensively though.
- Washington’s overall record this season so far is 13-2-3. Their home record is 5-1-2, which suggests that they are good but beatable. Their record for the last 10 is 9-0-1 and they are currently on a six-game winning streak. Their last game saw them thrash the Vegas Golden Knights 5-2 at home.
- Veteran Braden Holtby is projected to start for the Caps tonight in goal. He comes into the game with a record of 8-1-3, a goals against average of 3.25, and a save percentage of .898. His last game was against Vegas. If Holtby does not start, he will be replaced by Ilya Samsonov who has got a record of 5-1-0, a goals against average of 2.38, and a save percentage of .915.
- The Capitals are a very good offensive team. They come into the game ranked first in the league in average goals per game and shooting percentage. They are also tied for fifth for powerplay percentage. They pretty much vastly outrank Arizona in almost all key offensive metrics.
With all this said and done, here are our predictions for Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals:
- Moneyline – this is a tough one because Arizona is actually pretty good on the road but we think that Washington is going to take this one. They have been playing very well in the past few weeks and we are pretty sure that they will find some way to covert this one into their seventh “W” in a row.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 24-26
Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news:
- Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Odds 11/8/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/7/19
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions & Odds 11/6/19
- Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions & Odds 11/5/2019
- Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/5/19