The Paroli betting system is a positive progressive strategy that has gained widespread popularity among gamblers. Some players may know it as the Reverse Martingale system. With this system, you focus on making even money bets and increase your bet size every time you win.
As with most betting systems, your bet size increases in a sequence. Supposedly, the result is an increased chance of profiting. If you would like to learn more about the Paroli betting system, read on. We’ve created a guide with all you need to know!
Paroli Betting System Guide Contents
- Test Out the Paroli Betting System Here
- What is the Paroli Betting System?
- How the Paroli System Works
- Advantages of Using the Paroli System
- Disadvantages of the Paroli Betting System
- Should You Use the Paroli System?
The Paroli betting system is a positive progressive strategy. The pattern sees you increase your bet size with each winning bet. It is one of the oldest betting systems still in popular use at online casinos. The first recorded use was more than a century ago.
Victor Bethell – the alleged creator of the Paroli system – created the strategy with the idea of using the principles of the Martingale in reverse. This is why it is also known as the Reverse Martingale.
Essentially, the system aims to increase your take-home profits by manipulating winning streaks. You try to generate consistent small wins and avoid big losses by focusing on even money bets.
Before you start your game session, you must set a betting unit. The bet size is adjusted based on what happens in your game session. You double your bet after wins and reduce it after losses.
If you are still unsure about how the Paroli betting system works, we have got a three-step guide to help you into the nitty-gritty parts of using the strategy on casino games:
- Set a betting unit – you need to set a betting unit before you begin a gaming session. You will adjust your bets using units. Using this system means you know how to bet in any situation before starting a gaming session.
- For example, if you set your betting unit to $10, increasing your bet by four units would mean betting $40.
- Begin the sequence – place your first bet. If you win, double your next bet until consecutive wins end. If you lose, stick to the starting bet. Should you lose in the middle of a winning streak, decrease your bet in the same sequence. Remember to set a ceiling for your real money wagers.
- Start the sequence again – once you get to the end of your sequence, start all over again. (Although you will have to be very lucky to reach this point.)
There are loads of advantages associated with using the Paroli betting system, including:
- Easy to follow – you double your bet when you win and half it when you lose.
- Ride winning streaks – you can ride winning streaks to increase your bankroll. If you are lucky, you could get to a point where you can use house money to bet.
- You don’t chase losses – with negative progression systems, players often chase losses in an attempt to get their bankroll back to the level they started with. You also won’t risk hitting table limits accidentally.
- It doesn’t require a huge bankroll – because you do not consistently chase losses, you do not need a huge amount of cash to use the strategy.
Unfortunately, using the Paroli betting system isn’t all rosy. There are some disadvantages associated with using this strategy, including:
- Short-term profit is the name of the game – most players don’t ever really go on long winning streaks. Generally, players are likely to strike two or so winning bets and then start the streak again.
- It doesn’t generate wins – as with all betting systems, you are not lowering the house edge associated with a game by using the Paroli strategy. The benefit of using a strategy is better bankroll management.
- Bankroll depletes quickly – if you are in a consistent win-loss situation, you might find yourself wasting your bankroll pretty quickly.
We’re more favorable towards positive betting progression systems. We don’t think it’s a bad idea to follow the Paroli system, but there are a few aspects to be wary of.
The first is that you don’t make your betting sequence too long. Remember that no winning streak lasts forever, and the only way to keep your cash is to bank it systematically.
The second is to ensure you do not make your betting unit too large. If you do, you run the risk of busting your bankroll quickly on a long-term losing streak, even if this betting system is meant to prevent that from happening.
If you have approached these two issues level-headedly, you could ensure you have a long gaming session. However, as with all betting systems, walking away with a profit is never guaranteed.