The Paroli betting system is a positive progressive strategy which has gained widespread popularity among gamblers in the United States. Some players may know it as the Reverse Martingale. The system sees players focus on making even money bets and increase their bet size every time they win a bet. As with most betting systems, bet sizes increase in a structured manner as players are required to follow a sequence. The end result is supposedly an increased chance of walking away with a profit.
If you would like to find out more about the Paroli betting system, such as how it works, and the advantages and disadvantages associated with doing it, make sure to stick around. We have created the ultimate guide to the strategy here. We teach US players all they need to know and even provide them with the best US online gambling sites to test the system out at. So, what are you waiting for? Begin learning about the famed Paroli system today!
Paroli Betting System Guide Contents
- Test Out the Paroli Betting System Here
- What is the Paroli Betting System?
- How the Paroli System Works
- Advantages of Using the Paroli System
- Disadvantages of the Paroli Betting System
- Should You Use the Paroli System?
As mentioned above, the Paroli betting system is a positive progressive strategy that sees players increase their bet size with each winning bet. It is one of the oldest betting systems still in popular use at online casinos with the first recorded use being more than a century ago. Victor Bethell – the alleged creator of the Paroli system – created the strategy with the idea of using the principles of the Martingale in reverse. This is why it is also known as the Reverse Martingale.
Essentially, the aim of the system is to increase a player’s take home profits by manipulating winning streaks. Players try to generate small wins on a consistent basis by avoiding big losses and focusing on even money bets. Before a player starts their game session, they are required to set a betting unit. The bet size is adjusted based on the developments in your game session with the bet being doubled upon wins and reduced upon losses.
If you are still a little bit unsure about how the Paroli betting system works, we have got quick three-step guide to help you into the nitty-gritty parts of using the strategy. With our guide, you’ll be good to get started in no time!
- Set a betting unit – players need to set a betting unit before beginning a gaming session. Players will adjust their bets using units so that they are able to calculate for all possible variables before beginning the gaming session. For example, they may set their betting unit at US$10. If the system requests that they increase their bet to four units, this would mean betting $40.
- Begin the sequence – place your first bet. If you win, double your next bet. If you lose, stick to the starting bet. If you lose in the midst of a winning streak, decrease your bet in the same sequence. Remember to set a ceiling for your bets.
- Start the sequence again – once you get to the end of your sequence, start it all over again. (Although you will have to be very lucky to reach this point.)
There is a load advantages associated with using the Paroli betting system. Some of the advantages most of our players enjoy with the strategy include the following:
- Easy to follow – all players need to do is double their bet when they win and half their bet when they lose.
- Ride winning streaks – players are able to ride winning streaks to increase their bankroll. If they are lucky, they may even get to a point where they are using the house’s money to place wagers.
- You don’t chase losses – with negative progression systems, players often chase losses in an attempt to ensure that they get their bankroll up to the level they started with.
- Doesn’t require a huge bankroll – because players are not consistently chasing losses, they do not require a huge amount of cash to use the strategy.
Unfortunately, using the Paroli betting system isn’t all rosy. There are some disadvantages associated with using this strategy. Some of the most notable include:
- Short-term profit is the name of the game – players don’t really go on long winning streaks. This means that players are likely to strike two or so winning bets and then have to start the streak again.
- Doesn’t generate wins – as with all betting systems, you are not lowering the house edge associated with a game by using the Paroli strategy. The benefit that comes from using strategies is better bankroll management.
- Bankroll depletes quickly – if you are in a consistent win-loss situation, you might find yourself wasting your bankroll pretty quickly.
We’re generally more favorable towards positive progressive betting systems. We don’t think it’s a bad idea to follow the Paroli system but there are a few aspects to be wary of. The first is that you don’t make your betting sequence too long. Remember that no winning streak lasts forever, and the only way to keep your cash is if you systematically bank it.
The second is to ensure that you do not make your betting unit too large. If you do, you run the risk of busting your bankroll very quickly on a losing streak even if this betting system is meant to prevent that from happening.
If you have approached these two areas with a level-head, you should be able to ensure that you have a long gaming session. However, as with all betting systems, walking away with a profit is never guaranteed.