The action in the NHL continues tonight with the Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings for an Atlantic Division faceoff which will see the worst team in the division play the best. The Bruins come into the game off an unfortunate loss against the Montreal Canadiens in a game that featured nine goals. This will be their second straight game on the road but the Red Wings aren’t as formidable a team as the Canadiens (their season record so far will tell you that.)
The Red Wings come into this game on a four-game loss streak and in dire need of a win. They are the worst team in the league at the moment with the fewest wins overall. In the last few weeks, they’ve pretty much been the punching bag in the league, coming off a 5-1 loss against the struggling New York Rangers. So, is this result as predictable as it seems to be?
Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions
Well, before we have a look at our predictions, here are some important stats and facts about the Bruins and Red Wings:
- Boston comes into the game with a record of 11-2-2 but a pretty even away record of 4-2-1. In their last 10, they have gone 7-1-2. Their last game was a 5-4 loss to the Montreal Canadiens on the road.
- Tuukka Rask has been confirmed to be tonight’s starting goalie for the Bruins. He comes into the game with a 7-1-1 record, a goals against average of 1.88 and an overall save percentage of .936. In his last game, he let five past against the Montreal Canadiens. It was his first loss in regulation time this season.
- The Red Wings come into this game with an overall record of 4-12-1. They’ve got a record of 2-5-1 at home, which isn’t so great and they’re on a four-game losing streak. As mentioned above, the team’s latest game saw them lose 5-1 to the Rangers who also aren’t doing very well.
- Jonathan Bernier is thought to be starting in goal for the Red Wings tonight after Jimmy Howard’s poor performance against the New York Rangers. He comes into the game with a record of 2-4-1, a goals against average of 3.51 and a save percentage of .887. In his last game against the Nashville Predators, he let two past.
- Boston outranks Detroit in all offensive and defensive metrics by miles expect for one and that is penalty minutes. This alone suggests that it may not bode well for the Red Wings tonight.
With all this said, here are our predictions for Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings:
- Moneyline – this one is pretty easy; Boston is more than likely to win with the Red Wings struggling to score goals and keep them out. They rank 31st in the league for both metrics. We don’t know if we’d really waste money on this bet with the odds of Boston winning being so high.
- Puck Line – we’d take Boston for -1.5. They’re really on form at the moment in keeping out goals and scoring them. We think that they’ll be able to win by more than two.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 24-24
Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news:
- Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/7/19
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions & Odds 11/6/19
- Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions & Odds 11/5/2019
- Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/5/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Prediction & Odds 11/4/19