The tie featuring the Boston Bruins at the Washington Capitals in a battle of the different Eastern Conference divisions is set up to be the pick of this weekend’s NHL games. The Bruins sit at the top of the Atlantic Division, following a less than impressive run of games. In the last ten games, the team from Boston managed a record of 6-2-2. While not the worst record in the world, it pales in comparison to the might of the Capitals.
Despite Washington playing more games, the Capitals teams have won 8 games and are scoring a bunch of goals while they are at it. Don’t let the close game between the Flyers fool you, they boast of the highest goal difference in the NHL Eastern Championship.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals Predictions
Before you place your bet, go through our expert tips and predictions on how the action is going to unfold.
- One of the key factors going into Sunday’s match will be how the team recuperated after the trip to Maple Leafs on Friday. The Bruins don’t have a particularly sterling record away, 4-3-1 showing that they may be fragile when they are not on home court.
- The matchup is perfectly poised for the Bruins to test their mantle against a Capital side with Braden Holtby who is having a career-defining season. The goaltender made 30 saves for the Caps on Tuesday to ensure that the team extended their point streak to 13 games with 11 wins.
- If the game should ever be decided by a shootout, your best bet is to go with the Capitals. The Bruins have already thrown away a possible three points that could have helped them established a healthy lead at the top, had it not been for shootouts.
- Jaroslav Halak has been by far the most consistent player for the Bruins this season. His agility and resoluteness will be tested again against a free-scoring Capital side.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals Odds
Washington has looked solid all season and looks set to win the conference despite the number of games played. The Bruins have been plagued by their inefficiency in shootouts and it has reared its face on far too many occasions in close games. This should be another close one and we believe that Washington has enough to win this match.
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
- 7:05pm EST
- TD Garden, Boston
Get the Best NHL Odds Here
Check the latest NHL betting news here:
- Florida Panthers at Boston Bruins Predictions, Picks & Odds 11/12/19
- Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes Predictions & Odds 11/11/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/11/19
- Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Odds 11/8/19