Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
On Monday night, Fenway Park will be hosting the Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets game as the MLB season picks back up. Both teams are looking to bounce back after losing to the Baltimore Orioles and Atlanta Braves, respectively.
In the run-up to the game, most experts are predicting that the Red Sox will draw first blood. With the New York Mets firmly on the back foot, this game might be worth a bet or two. So, let’s get into the statistics and lines for Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets Predictions
For the Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets game tonight, we’ll be looking at the current track records of each team. Then, how will it affect the spread of the game overall?
New York Mets
After losing two out of three to the Atlanta Braves (+1.5), the Mets need a bounce-back after their Sunday night loss of 14 runs.
- On average, the Mets allowed five or more runs in three of the last four games.
- While Michael Conforto leads with four hits, Brandon Nimmo and Amed Rosario have combined six hits and two RBI.
- In his first game against the Red Sox, Michael Wacha gets the ball as he was 6-7 with a 4.76 ERA and 104 strikeouts last season.
Boston Red Sox
Like the Mets, the Red Sox need a bounce-back after losing two out of three to the Baltimore Orioles (+1.5).
- With the Red Sox pitching staff allowing 14 runs in the last two matches, it’s averaging 5.3 runs per game this season so far. So, it’s not a great start for the Boston Red Sox.
- Leading the Sox is Jackie Bradley Jr. with two RBI and seven hits, while Jose Peraza and J.D. Martinez have combined for five RBI and nine hits.
- Meanwhile, Josh Osich gets the ball as he’s 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA and one strike-out to date.
- When considering his career, Osich is 0-1 with a 6.48 ERA and just eight strikeouts.
Our Prediction: Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets
Overall, the two teams seem evenly matched, and you wouldn’t be wrong to go for the Mets when considering a dependable starting pitcher. However, the Mets are also traveling after playing Sunday night, and its pitching has been rocked in the past two games.
Moreover, Sunday’s performance wasn’t great, which puts the team at a definite loss for most sportsbooks.
Still, the Red Sox might not be the most prominent challengers this season, though they’re better off without having to travel right now. So, the experts are going with the hosts for Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Predictions, Pick, and Odds 7/24/20
- Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/24/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Washington Nationals vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20