Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/1/19
Tonight’s NHL action features a very big game between the two Eastern Conference division leaders with the Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals. Both teams have been performing very well this season so this is sure to be a tough game. The Sabres entre the matchup off an overtime loss to the Arizona Coyotes at home in a shootout. The game saw the Sabres play very well but also lose after having had a two-goal lead at one point in the game.
The Capitals come into the game off a big road overtime win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The game saw Washington come back from behind twice with Alex Ovechkin and John Carlson both playing a big role in their team’s success. This matchup is sure to be another that sees both teams play hard to determine the victor but who has got the edge coming in?
Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals
Well, before we tell you who we think is going to win, here are some reasons as to why we have made our prediction:
- Goaltender Braden Holtby is predicted to start for the Capitals tonight. This year so far, he has had a pretty average season with a 5-1-3 record and has posted a goals against average of 3.55, and a save percentage of .888. Holtby hasn’t put up the best performances against more challenging opposition, with Washington suffering losses against the Nashville Predators and Edmonton Oilers with him on the ice. He did perform quite well against the Maple Leafs who have a strong offense.
- The Capitals currently rank third in the league for average goals per game and second for shooting percentage. Alex Ovechkin and John Carlson are both coming off a big game against the Maple Leafs. The Sabres are definitely going to have a problem containing Washington’s offense.
- On the other side, it seems that goaltender Carter Hutton is predicted to be starting for the Buffalo Sabres. Hutton is having a good season so far with a record of 6-1-1, a goals against average of 2.21 and a save percentage of .926. He is coming off a loss against the Coyotes but he actually performed well in that game saving 42 out of 44 shots.
- Offensively, Jack Eichel and Jeff Skinner both had a pretty good game against the Coyotes, and assists were recorded for Marcus Johansson, Sam Reinhart, and Vladimir Sobotka. Statistically, Buffalo is outmatched by Washington though.
With all that said, here are our betting recommendation for tonight’s Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals matchup:
- Moneyline – although Washington has been iffy defensively, we think that they have what it takes to beat Buffalo at home. Both teams are coming off short breaks and are playing well in different areas of the game. We just think that Washington may be slightly better.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 18-22
Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check the latest NHL betting news:
- Calgary Flames at Nashville Predators Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/31/19
- Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/30/19
- Washington Capitals at Toronto Maple Leafs Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/29/19
- San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/29/19
- Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/28/19