A welcome bonus is an offer provided to new US gamblers upon joining a casino site. There are a number of welcome bonuses across the best gambling sites in the United States and all of them have two main aims. The first goal of a welcome bonus is to get players to sign up at the casino, whereas the second is add to the overall gameplay experience of the player. Overall, sign up bonuses make players first gameplay experiences at a casino site so much better.
If you are looking to learn more about the best welcome bonus at US online gambling sites, make sure to read on down below. There we have a look at exactly what sign-up bonus offers are, why you should have a look at them and the types of bonuses available to players in the USA. We also explain what wagering requirements are and why you should be weary of them when picking a bonus. So, read on and find out all you need to know about welcome bonus offers at top gambling sites.
Welcome Bonus Guide Contents
- Top US Casinos with Welcome Bonuses
- What is a Welcome Bonus?
- Why Use Online Casino Welcome Bonus Offers?
- Types of Welcome Bonuses
- How to Choose the Best Casino Sign-Up Bonus
- US Casino Bonus Wagering Requirements
- Welcome Bonus FAQs
A welcome bonus is an offer made to new players signing up for the services of an online casino site. They act as an incentive to sign up by providing players extra value on their first deposit or even just a small amount of free cash to play for real money before making a deposit (this is actually known as a no deposit bonus.)
The end result is more money to play the games you love in addition to more opportunities to win (which is generally the reason most players enjoy casino games.) It is important to note that these deals to not come without terms and conditions attached and that it is very important to make sure that you select a deal that is actually worth your time if you intend on making use of a bonus.
There are several reasons US players should have a look at maximizing their gameplay with welcome casino bonuses. Here are some that most of our gamblers seem to find the most important:
- Bonuses give players extra cash to play casino games. This means extended gaming sessions and extra chances to win big real money prizes.
- Some welcome bonuses include free spins, which give players the chance to play select slot games. Some players prefer such offers as spins are sometimes easier to manage than cash offers.
- American players get the chance to try new casino games and win real money at the same time with limited risk when using bonuses. (Although we recommend that you play games for free instead of wasting money on games you don’t know how to play.)
Essentially, welcome bonuses have the potential to multiply your investment by several times if used correctly. Make sure that you do use bonuses that are worth it though.
There are a number of different welcome bonuses available at popular US casino sites. Some of the most popular at all the top-rated sites include the following:
- Match Bonus – this is the most common version of a sign-up bonus. A player’s initial deposit is matched by a certain percentage and that figure provided to them in the form of a bonus. Generally, this is the biggest bonus that a player will ever receive from a casino site, with most of the best sites willing add thousands of dollars to player accounts should the deposit be high enough.
- Online Casino No Deposit Bonus Welcome Bonus – these are bonuses provided to players simply for signing up at the casino. It is free money really. Players get a small amount of cash to play casino games for real money. Usually, players are only allowed to play slots or keno due to the high house edge. They can also expect the wagering requirements surrounding the bonus to be very strict as casinos are not in the habit of giving away free money often.
- Free Spins – most casinos tend to add free spins to welcome bonuses as an additional incentive. They are usually attached to some or other game they are trying to promote. The best betting sites welcome bonus offers may add tens to hundreds of spins to player accounts.
- Mobile Welcome Bonus – as the name suggests, these are bonuses provided to mobile players simply for choosing to make use of the platform. Some casinos provide players with such welcome bonuses when they login on mobile for the first time.
There are a couple of tips we have for players looking to find the best available welcome bonuses. Some of our top tips include the following:
- Shop around for bonuses – never take the first deal you come across; it’s always important to see what is out there. Some deals may offer more cash but have higher wagering requirements attached. Others may offer less in way of cash but give you a better chance of cashing out sooner. In addition, some may allow you to play any number of games to meet requirements whereas others may require that gamblers only play slots. These are all things to read up on before taking the deal.
- Decline bonuses that aren’t worth it – if you don’t like the requirements attached to a bonus, know that you can decline it. We actually recommend doing so if you think that you’re not going to use the funds.
- Play with your bankroll before the bonus – you don’t want to hit it big and then find out that you still have to fulfill wagering requirements before you can cashout. Start with the money you deposited and then your free bonus.
- Check our list of casinos before signing up – we constantly rate and review new casinos, and part of our criteria includes having a good look at the welcome bonus on offer.
Welcome bonus wagering or play-through requirements are the terms and conditions attached to a bonus offer. No casino site in the world will ever give players a bonus without attaching some requirements to it that need to be met before you can cashout.
At most American casino sites, wagering requirements usually require gamblers to play-through their bonus amount a certain number of times before they can make a withdrawal. For example, let’s say you take US$100 bonus with a 25x play-through requirement attached. This means that you will need to play US$2500 before you can cashout as 100 x 25 is equal to 2500.
It is very important to have a look at the wagering requirements attached to a bonus before taking it. Some bonuses just aren’t worth it when one pays attention to the terms and conditions attached to it. For example, a 100x requirement will need a player to bet more than US$10000 on a US$100 bonus before he/she can cash out.
Do I need to use a welcome bonus code to claim the offer?
This is dependent on the casino. In some instances, yes, you do need a code to claim a bonus but some casinos may automatically add it to your account after making a deposit.
How much do I have to deposit to qualify for a welcome bonus?
This is dependent on the casino. Usually, players need to deposit between US$10 and US$20 to qualify. How much you will receive in return is dependent on the matching percentage.
What is the maximum welcome bonus amount I can get?
Again, this is dependent on the casino. Most casinos online award players a maximum of anywhere between US$2000 and US$10000. Then, there are some that don’t provide a limit but we’d be aware of them as they usually have high wagering requirements attached.
Are welcome bonuses worth it?
We like to believe that they are. They add funds to your account and provide you with extra playing time. You do want to make sure that you sign up to casinos with manageable wagering requirements as some there are definitely some bonuses that just aren’t worth it.
How many welcome bonuses can I claim?
Some casinos may have welcome bonus offers that work in a number of different steps, but as a whole, you can only claim a bonus once. Once you have claimed the bonus, the only other offers that will be available to you are those for existing players.
What games can I play with new welcome bonus deals?
Well, this is dependent on the casino. Some sites may allow players to play all games available but most usually put restrictions on games with a lower house edge. In general, we recommend using your bonus money on slots so as to ensure you always contribute fully to your wagering requirements.
Check out our other casino bonus guides: