Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/27/2019
Week 8 will see one of the league’s top performers face one of the league’s biggest underperformers with the Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots. The Cleveland Browns come into the match off a Bye week but have failed to impress this season with a record of 2-4 so far. Baker Mayfield’s inability to find his receivers and Freddie Kitchens terrible play calling has had many football fans and bettors bowing their heads in disappointment. Will they turn their season around with a win against the only undefeated team in the AFC?
New England come into the game off a big win over the New York Jets and a record of 7-0. Both the team’s offense and defense seem to be performing very well, having posted some amazing stats throughout the season. It’s pretty much well established at this point that it is difficult to get past the Patriots’ defense and even harder to stop them from scoring.
Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions
Predictions seem as if they are going to be pretty easy for this one but here is a look at some interesting stats for both the Browns and the Patriots:
- New England is coming off a big win over the Jets, which saw them concede no points (for the second time this season) and force four interceptions. Baker Mayfield has recorded 11 interceptions, with three occurring in his last game. This may spell disaster for the Browns.
- The Browns enter this game off a Bye. In their last game, they recorded a loss against the Seattle Seahawks, which saw the team unable to prevent the Seahawks from finding the endzone regardless of whether they were rushing or throwing the ball.
- The Patriots’ defense is ranked first in the league for both yards and points allowed. They are also known to favor blitz plays. Mayfield has proven to be terrible against blitzes; one just needs to look at the footage of the Browns game against the Titans. (He has the second lowest rating against the blitz in the league overall).
- New England holds the overall advantage with regards to the matchup. They have recorded six wins against the team in their last seven matches against the Browns. In their last game in 2016, the Patriots won 33-13.
With all this said, here are our predictions for Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots:
- Moneyline – if you’re interested in making this bet, we’d go for New England; however, the odds are heavily stacked in their favor so it’s not actually worth making this wager.
- Spread – this is where you should be looking to make some money on this game. We expect the Patriots to win but Cleveland’s defense has proven hard to predict. They’ve suffered high-scoring defeats but have at times remained pretty competitive too. Given the strength New England has shown in past weeks, we say have a look at the -13,5 line. We think they’re good for it.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 24-15 (Parlays: 0-2)
Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out more NFL betting news here:
- Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19
- New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
Learn more about NFL betting here: