Crystal Palace vs Manchester United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/16/20
Recently updated on July 16th, 2020
The 36th match week of the English Premier League (EPL) comes to an end tonight with Manchester United traveling to London to play Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace comes into this game in fourteenth position and safe from the possibility of relegation. A victory or a draw would do well to move the team up in the log, but a Europa League spot is already out of reach. So, they really are just playing the game to complete their season.
However, Manchester United have a lot to play for in this one. The team comes into this one on level points with Leicester City, who are in fourth position. A big win in this game could push them past City and get them in a Champions League qualification spot. They will need to score a couple of goals to make sure that Leicester does not catch up with them. Can they do it against Crystal Palace?
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, let’s have a look at some of the stats and facts surrounding this game:
- Crystal Palace comes into this game following five consecutive losses. Most of these losses came against some big teams currently competing for Champions League positions, but the team also picked up losses against Burnley and Aston Villa.
- As mentioned above, Crystal Palace doesn’t really have much to play for in this game. They are already safe from relegation, but they aren’t capable of making the Europa League. This may affect player motivation.
- Manchester United come into this game following a draw against Southampton. Before this, the team had been on a five-game winning streak. The team already had the chance to leapfrog Leicester City and move into a Champions League position, but the draw prevented them from doing so. They will not want this to happen again.
- Manchester United has got a lot of great players even if they don’t always play very well. One note to keep in mind is that Luke Shaw looks questionable for this matchup. Shaw has started 18 of Manchester United wins this season.
- Manchester United and Crystal Palace have played each other 56 times. United has a big edge having won 37 of these matches, whereas Palace has only won 8.
Overall, we think that Manchester United is very likely to win this game despite the draw against Southampton. Crystal Palace usually has what it takes to give good performances against big teams, but it looks like they’re coasting through the rest of the season.
The moneyline on United won’t payout a lot on this one, so we say have a look at the -1.5 spread. Alternatively, you could go for the over 2.5 line. If you really want to be risky, try your hand at 0:3 scoreline in favor of United.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- Arsenal vs Liverpool Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/15/20
- Chelsea vs Norwich City Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/14/20
- Los Angeles Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/13/20
- New York Red Bulls vs Atlanta United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/11/20
- Seattle Sounders vs San Jose Earthquakes Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/10/20