The last matchup for the NFL’s Week 9 round of matchups will see an NFC East clash with the Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants. These two teams are having very different seasons with the Cowboys hoping to make it to the playoffs this year and the Giants seemingly happy with any win that they are able to cobble together. The Cowboys head into this matchup off a big win over the Philadelphia Eagles who have also been having a bit of a strange season. It was their first win after three straight losses and saw the team play well defensively.
The Giants head into the game on a four-game losing streak. While they have not been playing particularly well, the team has been able to make some games appear to be somewhat competitive. They have already lost to Dallas earlier this season but at the time, Eli Manning was still starting at quarterback. Will this match fair differently with Daniel Jones now in the role?
Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Predictions
Well, before we provide you with our predictions for the upcoming matchup, here are some stats and facts we had a look at in making the decision:
- Dallas heads into the matchup with a record of 4-3. They started off the season going 3-0 and then lost three games against two rather good teams and then the New York Jets. They’ve gotten back to winning form after beating the Philadelphia Eagles 37-10 in Texas.
- Despite losing on occasion, the Cowboys have proven to be very strong offensively, ranking first for average yards per game and thirds down percentage, and fourth for average passing and rushing yards. They have also been pretty good defensively, ranking fifth for points allowed per game.
- Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott didn’t really put up good performances in the team’s three straight losses but was very good against the Giants in their first game where threw for 405 yards and four touchdowns. Last week against the Eagles, he was able to throw for 239 yards and one touchdown against one interception.
- On the other side, the Giants come into this game with a 2-6 record. As mentioned above, the team has been on a four-game losing streak, which has seen them drop games to the Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions – all of which are very challenging opposition.
- The team is not match for the Cowboys offensively, with the stat they rank best for being their third downs percentage, which they are tied for 14th Defensively, the team has been absolutely horrible. They rank 27th for yards per game allowed, 25th for passing yards allowed and 23rd for rushing yards allowed.
- Giants quarterback Daniel Jones has proven to be a good replacement for Eli Manning despite suffering losses in most of the games he has played in. He has thrown for 1466 yards and 10 touchdowns against seven interceptions. He had a great game against Detroit last week throwing for 322 yards and four touchdowns despite the team still losing the game. He does, however, lead the league in turnovers.
So, with all that said, here are our predictions for the Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants:
- Moneyline – we’d go with Dallas on this one but we also recommend not wasting your money on this bet. The Cowboys are just too big a favorite for bettors to make any real money.
- Spread – the Giants have proven to be fairly tough opposition on good days, but very inconsistent. Dallas has proven to be very offensively talented and against a poor defense they are sure to do well, which is why we recommend trying your luck on a -7.5 line.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 28-20 (Parlays: 0-2).
Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 11/3/19
- New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/3/19
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds Week 9 10/31/19
- Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/28/19
- New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 10/27/19