Game San Antonio Spurs at Denver Nuggets
Date & Time Monday February 10, 2020, 9:00 PM (EST)
Location Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
The Line DEN -7.5, O/U 221.5
In tonight’s NBA matchday, it’s the Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs for a good Western Conference clash. The Nuggets come into this game on a three-game winning streak with their last game being a 117-108 win against the Phoenix Suns. With the team ranked second in the conference, they are poised to take this one easily. If standings are to be believed, the Nuggets should be able to take this one easily, especially with center Nikola Jokic playing as well as he has in recent weeks.
The San Antonio Spurs come into this one on a four-game losing streak. Their last game saw them pick up a loss on the road against the Sacramento Kings, who have not been a great team in the league this season. The Spurs will really need to pick up their game if they aim at making it to the playoffs this season and it may have to start in games against big opponents like this one. Will the Spurs be able to topple the Nuggets in this matchup?
Read more NBA picks here.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs Predictions 2/10/20
Well, before we get into the outcomes we have predicted, here is a look at some key Nuggets and Spurs facts:
- The Denver Nuggets come into the game ranked second in the Western Conference and with an overall record of 37-16. The team is a very strong team at home with an overall record of 20-6 at the Pepsi Center. In their last 10, they have posted a record of 7-3. Their last game saw them pick up a win against the Phoenix Suns in a rather predictable game.
- Center Nikola Jokic is a key player to look out for the Nuggets. Earlier this month, Jokic become the third player to post a 30/20/10 in the last 40 years. He will prove to be a huge threat to the Spurs’ below average defense with an average of 20.6 points per game.
- The San Antonio Spurs come into the game ranked tenth in the Western Conference and an overall record of 22-30. They are absolutely terrible on the road with a record of 8-18. In their last 10, they have gone 3-7. In addition to this, they are currently on a four-game losing streak.
- Shooting guard DeMar DeRozan seems to be the key player to watch out for at the San Antonio Spurs. He currently averages 23 points per game, but his assist per game and rebound per game aren’t quite at the level of Jokic. The Spurs’ game against the Kings pretty much showed that DeRozan makes the difference in the team though.
- In the last matchup between the San Antonio Spurs and the Denver Nuggets, the Nuggets took it 85-113 in Denver. The Spurs seem to have a better chance only when they play at home.
- Statistically, the Spurs seem to be very offense heavy beating out the Nuggets in many key metrics, but the Nuggets seem to beat them out in many defensive areas making for a more level matchup.
With all this said, here are our predictions for San Antonio Spurs at Denver Nuggets:
- Spread – go for a Nuggets -7.5 line. While the Spurs aren’t exactly the worst team in the league this season, they are not playing very well at the moment. As mentioned above, their team seems to be a little too centered around DeMar DeRozan, which could mean terrible things if he does not get to play.
Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs Odds
Get the Best Odds
More NBA Betting News
- Dallas Mavericks Take on Oklahoma City Thunders 01/27/20
- Washington Wizards at Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Preview 1/23/20
- Philadelphia 76ers at Chicago Bulls NBA Preview and Odds 17/01/2020
- New York Knicks at Milwaukee Bucks Predictions, Odds & Picks 1/14/20
- Sacramento Kings at Indiana Pacers Preview & Betting Odds 12/20/19