American Express (also known as Amex) is a financial services provider probably best known for its credit card services. With more than one hundred million Amex credit cards currently in use, thousands of transactions are made with these cards every day. Some gamblers use their Amex card to fund their casino and sportsbook accounts. We say some because gambling sites that accept American Express aren’t all that common – despite it being one of the most convenient payment methods out there.
If you would like to find out more about funding your casino or sportsbook account using your Amex credit card, stick around. Below we go through how to make deposits and withdrawals with this banking method as well as the advantages and disadvantages associated with using it. We also list both the top Amex casinos and sportsbooks so that you can start your online gambling journey as soon as possible!
American Express Links
- Online Casinos That Take American Express
- What is American Express?
- Casino American Express Deposit: How it Works
- Amex Casinos: How to Cash Out
- Betting Sites that Accept Amex
- Advantages of Using American Express
- Disadvantages of Using Amex Gambling Sites
- Amex Betting Sites – FAQs
As mentioned above, American Express is a financial services provider. Although they provide a range of services, they are mostly known for their electronic banking cards. The company was found in 1850 and has grown to become the most valuable financial services brand in the world. While most Amex users are located in the United States, services are available in many countries around the world.
As with most electronic card services, a great deal of security is involved with making online transactions with Amex. This means that it is usually safe to make transactions using your American Express card, including at sportsbooks and online casinos that accept Amex. The speed at which transactions are processed also makes it one of the most convenient methods.
Using American Express to fund your casino or sportsbook account is quite easy. Follow these quick, easy steps to make a deposit at Amex betting sites:
- Log in to your sportsbook or casino account.
- Click on the deposit or cashier page on the menu.
- Select ‘Amex’ or American Express as your preferred method of payment.
- Enter the necessary account details as well as the amount you wish to deposit.
- Click the ‘accept’ or ‘agree’ button to have your funds immediately transferred into your account.
- Start gambling!
Check out our other popular banking guides:
Not all that many sites allow players to withdraw using an electronic card, such as Amex, Visa, or Mastercard. If you have found a site that does and would like to make a withdrawal using this banking option, just follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account.
- Head to the casino or sportsbook cashier section.
- Select the Amex option for withdrawal (not deposits, which may be in the same section).
- Enter the amount of money you would like to withdraw. Please note that you will only be able to withdraw winning. If you have bonus cash in your account that you have not met the requirements for, it will be excluded from the withdrawal.
- Wait for the transaction to be processed. This usually takes about five to seven days, depending on how fast the site handles the request.
- Receive your money.
Bet Now! Intertops Sports
Bet Now! Bovada Sportsbook
Bet Now! xbet Sports
Bet Now! Sports Betting.ag Online
Bet Now! BetOnline Sportsbook
Bet Now! MyBookie Sportsbook
Bet Now! SportBet
Bet Now! Betnow Sportsbook
Using Amex to fund your casino or sportsbook account comes with a lot of advantages. Here are some of them:
- Amex is fast and easy to use.
- It has membership rewards, depending on the type of card you have. These could include cashback bonuses, travel rewards, and airline flyer miles.
- No extra fees.
Although using Amex has a lot of benefits, there are some cons associated with the banking method, including the following:
- High transactional fees.
- Not many sportsbooks and casinos accept the banking method.
Do casinos take American Express?
Some casinos and sports betting sites accept American Express. Unfortunately, it is not a banking method as widely accepted at gambling sites as one would think.
Why is Amex not accepted?
In general, the reason has to do with the high fees associated with Amex. Casinos earn more money when you make payments using Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards.
How can I see if Amex is accepted at a betting site?
All you need to do is navigate to the casino or sportsbook’s cashier section and have a look at the offered deposit and withdrawal options.
Are there limits on Amex deposits and withdrawals at betting sites?
Yes, there are. Generally, most sites will not let you deposit or withdraw less than $20. As far as maximum numbers go, this is dependent on the site. Many gambling sites have a standard withdrawal limit of $2000.
How does American Express compare to other banking methods?
It is convenient but expensive. Also, not all that many casinos and sportsbooks accept Amex.
What alternative should I use if Amex is not accepted at a betting site?
If you also have a Visa or Mastercard credit card, we recommend using that, or else an e-wallet. You can use your Amex card to make a deposit in the e-wallet and then the e-wallet to deposit funds into your account.