When it comes to making deposits and withdrawals at online gambling sites, many gamblers believe that e-wallets are the only way to go. This virtual financial service allows you to make payments and receive money without actually sharing any of your personal details.
A lot people who have not gambled online before are afraid of sharing their financial information with online casinos and sportsbooks. After all, how are you supposed to know that the site won’t steal your credit card details? Well, with an e-wallet, you do not have to worry about this information being stolen.
If you would like to find out more about e-wallets and how to use them at casino and sports betting sites, make sure to stick around. Below we have a look at what e-wallets are and how to make deposits and withdrawals with them at gambling sites. We also list the top casinos and sportsbooks that accept e-wallets. So, what are you waiting for?
- Online Casinos that Accept E-Wallets
- What is an E-Wallet?
- How to Deposit Using E-Wallet
- How to Cashout Using an E-Wallet
- Advantages of Using E-Wallets
- Disadvantages of Using E-Wallets
- Best E-Wallets for Gambling
- Sports Betting Sites that Accept E-Wallets
- E-Wallet Casino – FAQs
An e-wallet is exactly what the name suggests – a virtual wallet that allows you to store electronic funds. Think of it as a bank account that is not actually at a bank. An e-wallet allows a person to store credit cards and bank account numbers in one place. You deposit cash into the e-wallet using your credit card or bank account and then use the e-wallet to make payments to outside parties.
The e-wallet basically acts as an intermediary between you and the person or vendor you want to pay. The whole benefit of this process is that you do not have to share your personal financial details with the vendor.
A lot of gamblers who have never used a gambling site before are afraid of making their first deposit. Thus, using an e-wallet or Bitcoin is preferable to gamblers who do not feel comfortable sharing their personal financial details with a gambling site.
Making a deposit using an e-wallet is extremely easy. Just follow the steps outlined below and you will have cash in your gambling account in no time at all:
- If you don’t already have one, create an e-wallet account and deposit funds in it using either your credit card or bank account. (We recommend Neteller).
- Find a casino or sportsbook that accepts the e-wallet you are using and head to the cashier section.
- Navigate to the deposit section and select the e-wallet option you would like to use.
- Fill in the required details. (For example, a PayPal site may make use of a PayPal Me link.)
- Click confirm to complete the transaction. Your funds should be instantly available in your account.
Cashing out with an e-wallet is probably the easiest way to get your money from a gambling site. It is certainly the method that we recommend everybody use. Here is how the withdrawal process works:
- Log in to your gambling account.
- Head over to the cashier section. This time select withdrawals instead of deposits.
- Enter the details required, including the amount of money you want to withdraw and e-wallet specifications.
- Wait for the request to be processed. This usually takes about two to three days.
- Get your money!
There are many benefits that come with using an e-wallet at a gambling sites, including the following:
- Deposits are instantaneous. As soon as you press confirm, you will see the funds in your account. This means that there is no delay in your casino gaming or sports betting.
- You don’t have to share your personal details with the site as you only share the details of your e-wallet. You don’t have to share your financial details with the gambling site.
- Usually, deposits limits for e-wallets are higher than that of many other banking methods, which means that this is a preferable banking method if you are a high roller.
- You can fund your e-wallet in many different ways. You can use your bank account, debit and credit cards and even other e-wallets.
Unfortunately, there are also some downsides to using e-wallets. This includes the following:
- Some e-wallets make you connect your bank account to the wallet. Verification for this may take some time.
- There are some costs involved with e-wallet transactions. Some e-wallets make you pay for the peer-to-peer transactions, whereas others place charges on deposits into the e-wallet.
- Not all e-wallets support online gambling. For example, PayPal is not available at all casinos and sportsbooks in the United States due to the legal limitations placed on gambling on the internet.
Device Specific E-Wallets
There are a few e-wallets available for specific devices, such as smartphones, that have garnered widespread use. Some of the most popular include:
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Microsoft Wallet
There are many e-wallets that have been specifically created to store cryptocurrencies. Some of the most popularly used include:
Other Popular E-Wallets
Outside of device specific and cryptocurrency wallets, there are many other e-wallets available online. Chances are, you will actually be more familiar with these brands:
An e-wallet is a virtual wallet that allows you to store bank account or credit card details in one central location. You can then use these two options to make a deposit in the wallet. When making transactions at a place that accepts e-wallets, you enter the details of the e-wallet instead of your banking details so that it is kept safe from the vendor.
E-wallets are safer to use than most other banking methods. The reason is that you do not have to share any personal information with the person you are making the payment to.
Getting an e-wallet is easy. Most financial service providers who offer e-wallets allow you to create one for free. So, all you really need to do is visit the site of the e-wallet provider to create an account and then link a credit card or bank account to it.
Yes, PayPal is an e-wallet. It is probably one of the most widely accepted wallets around the world. Although if your country has legislation against gambling on the internet, don’t expect to make online transactions with it.
Probably, the biggest benefit of an e-wallet is that it allows you to make payments online without sharing your personal banking details. This is very useful if you are thinking of making a payment to a suspect person or site.
The easy answer to this question used to be PayPal because it used to be the most widely accepted wallet. However, nowadays, the landscape has changed a bit and Apple, Google and Samsung also offer these wallets on their devices. So, we say that the best e-wallet is the one that you find the most convenient to use. We just suggest that you keep in mind that not all e-wallets are accepted at gambling sites.
Check out our other popular banking guides: