Mastercard is one of the biggest names in the financial services industry. Pretty much any online vendor accepts Mastercard as a payment method. With more than 700 million Mastercard debit and credit cards circulating around the world, it is not really surprising that it is such a popular online banking method. As such, it is not very hard to find sports betting sites and casinos that accept Mastercard.
If you would like to find out more about Mastercard casinos and betting sites, make sure to stick around. Below we have a look at the following:
- How to deposit and withdraw using Mastercard
- The advantages and disadvantages of the banking method
- The top casinos and betting sites that accept this deposit option
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll on down below and begin using your debit or credit card to fund your gambling escapades!
- Online Sports Betting Sites that Accept Mastercard
- What is Mastercard?
- Gambling Sites That Accept Mastercard: How to Deposit
- Mastercard Withdrawal Casino: How to Cashout
- Advantages of Mastercard Betting Sites
- Disadvantages of Mastercard Casino
- Online Casinos That Accept Mastercard
- Mastercard Gambling Sites – FAQs
Mastercard is a financial services provider that has been around since 1976. The company’s primary service is processing transactions made between financial institutions, mainly focusing on assisting in ensuring customer to merchant transactions are successful.
Since the company’s formation, it has grown to become one of the largest card issuers in the world. In fact, Mastercard currently ranks second only to Visa in the total number of active cards circulating around the world. Suffice to say, you have probably owned a Mastercard debit or credit at one point in your life.
Due to the company’s overall popularity, there are hundreds of thousands of vendors, both online and offline, that accept the banking method. This includes casinos and sports betting sites. In general, an online gambling site will always accept Mastercard and Visa for at least deposits. If the site does not, it is isolating a huge part of its user base.
Making deposits with Mastercard at a gambling site is a painless, quick process. If you have ever bought anything online and used your debit or credit card to pay for it, you will be familiar with the process. If you are still unsure, just follow the steps below:
- Grab your card.
- Launch your preferred gambling site.
- Go to the cashier section.
- Pick Mastercard from the available options.
- Fill in your cards details, i.e. card number, expiry date and CSV number.
- Select your amount.
- Make the payment.
- Check for funds.
- Start gambling.
It is not often that a casino or sportsbook allows you to withdraw using a debit or credit card. If you find a site that does, you can withdraw using Mastercard in the following manner:
- Log into your account.
- Head to the site’s banking section.
- Select withdrawals.
- Enter the required details. This includes the name on the card, card number, expiry date, etc.
- Finish the transaction and wait for your money. You should receive it in about 7 to 14 days after it has been processed by the casino.
Here are some of the significant advantages associated with using Mastercard to fund your online casino gaming or sports betting:
- The banking option is widely available. You will have more trouble trying to find a casino or sportsbook that doesn’t accept Mastercard than trying to find one that does.
- It is safe to use. Companies such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express are always working on trying to find ways in which to improve the security of transactions. As long as you join a trustworthy gambling site, you should really have no problem with making deposits and withdrawals safely.
- You can make large deposits. Along with Bitcoin, debit and credit cards offer gamblers some of the highest available deposit limits at casino sites. Often, you can deposit thousands of dollars at one time if you choose to do so.
Using Mastercard for your gambling exploits is not without its drawbacks. Some of the most significant disadvantages of using this banking method include the following:
- There are standard card fees. Anyone who owns a bank card knows that every time they use it, they are charged banking fees. This is one of the general disadvantages of using your card to make any payment.
- Not always available for withdrawals. Not every site allows you to make withdrawals using your bank card. If a website does though, you can generally expect to wait more than 10 days to get your money.
- Not available to every player. As surprising as this may seem, not every player may have access to a bank card. After all, you need to apply for a card at a bank. Banks may reject you if you have a negative financial record.
Check out our other popular banking guides:
Does Mastercard allow online gambling?
Yes, Mastercard allows you to make deposits so that you can gamble online. Most casinos and sports betting sites accept the banking option for that reason.
How fast are deposits with Mastercard?
Deposits made using Mastercard are practically instant. Almost as soon as you click confirm you will notice the money in your account.
Are there any fees with Mastercard?
Yes, you do pay fees when you use Mastercard to make deposits. You pay fees each and every time you use your bank card so this nothing new.
How safe is it to use Mastercard?
As we mentioned above, financial services providers are always working to ensure that their banking method remains safe. The onus is on you to find a trustworthy casino or sportsbook that is not going to steal or leak your information. For this reason, we recommend looking for sites that use 128-bit SSL technology to encrypt transactions.
Is Mastercard recommended for gambling online?
Yes, we think that it is one of the best available options for depositing into your casino or sportsbook account. Funds will reflect instantly, and most people have a Mastercard debit or credit card.
Mastercard or Visa: Which is better?
The two are pretty much the same. They both offer instant deposits and feature fees for use. We like them both. However, American Express seems to have higher fees, so we try to steer clear from using these credit cards to make deposits.