Visa is one of the most widely used payment methods in the world. With more than a billion cards in circulation, you can use your Visa card to pay almost anything. You can even use it to fund your online gambling account. Yes, adding funds to your bankroll at a sports betting or casino site can be as easy as ordering something off of Amazon.
With so many gambling sites accepting Visa, it can sometimes be challenging to pick one that suits all your needs and offers you the best in terms of bonuses. We try to make this process easier for you by listing all the top sportsbooks and online casinos that take Visa on this page. Also, on this page, we have a look at the following:
- How to make deposits using Visa
- How to cash out
- The advantages and disadvantages associated with using Visa
So, scroll on down and find out why you should be using Visa cards at casino and sports betting sites.
- Online Casinos That Accept Visa Debit & Credit
- What is Visa?
- Gambling Sites That Accept Visa: How to Deposit
- Visa Gambling: How to Cash Out
- Advantages of Visa Casino Payments
- Disadvantages of Visa Casinos
- Sports Betting Sites That Accept Visa
- Visa Betting Sites – FAQs
Visa is one of the biggest financial services companies in the world. Since launching in 1958, the company has grown to become a global powerhouse in electronic funds transfers. The company’s most popular product is its electronic cards, including debit and credit cards. It is estimated that more than a billion Visa cards are circulating around the world, and an estimated US$6.8 trillion in transactions is made with these cards each year.
Naturally, with Visa debit and credit cards being so popular, it is natural that many vendors offer it as a valid form of payment. This massive list includes several casino sites and online sportsbooks. Practically every single gambling site gives gamblers the chance to make deposits with Visa unless it is cryptocurrency specific.
Making a deposit at a gambling site for the first time may seem a bit scary. But it is effortless. Just follow these steps, and you’ll be making your first bets in no time:
- Sign up for an account.
- Head to the site’s deposit/cashier/banking section.
- Choose Visa from the list of payment options provided.
- Put in your Visa card number, the expiry date, the cardholder name, and the CVV number.
- Enter the sum you would like to transfer to your account.
- There will be further prompts. All you need to do is follow the steps to complete your transaction.
- Your money should instantly transfer into your account.
Cashing out takes a bit longer than depositing money, but the process is still relatively simple. You can expect to wait about two weeks to get your money. To get the transaction started, just follow the steps listed below:
- Log in to your gambling account.
- Go to the cashier/banking section.
- Select the Visa withdrawal option.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw.
- If you did not save your details from when you made the deposit, enter in these details too.
- Wait for the transaction to be processed.
- Get your money!
Here are some of the big pros of using a Visa card to make casino and sportsbook payments online:
- Most casinos accept Visa. You really won’t have trouble finding a casino that takes your Visa-branded debit, credit or prepaid card.
- If you have bought something using a credit card online before, you are familiar with how the whole payment process works.
- Deposit is processed instantly. This means that there is no delay between you making a deposit and your betting.
- It is one of the most secure methods of payment. Unless you share your card details with a shady site, you should really have no issue with safety and security.
Everything that has its pros also has its drawbacks. Here are some of the cons associated with using Visa cards (prepaid and otherwise) at gambling sites:
- Withdrawals take long. It takes at least seven days to be processed by your bank. Contrast this with an e-wallet where withdrawals are processed instantly.
- You have to share your card details with the casino or sportsbook. While some gamblers don’t really care about this, others aren’t exactly so excited about sharing such personal information. Especially if they have a high credit limit.
- Visa online gambling restrictions are real. So, if you live in a country where it is illegal to bet online, you may have an issue making a deposit with your Visa credit or debit card. This isn’t always the case, but it could affect your gaming session.
Yes, theoretically you can use a Visa card to fund your gambling. However, your bank could reverse the charge if you live in a country that does not allow you to join a gambling site.
Yes, Visa takes several steps in trying to ensure that online transactions remain safe. However, you also need to make sure that you do not join a rogue site that attempts to steal your details.
Not on the casino front. But if your bank charges you for every transaction you make with the card, you will still have to pay for that charge.
Yes, BetOnline accepts both Visa debit and credit cards. (As well as many other banking methods).
Yes, most casinos allow you to use gift cards. You may have to look at whether the casino offers the Visa person-to-person option though.
Yes, you can. However, the charges are higher than if you were using a regular credit card, so we don’t recommend doing so.
Check out our other popular banking guides: