Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions & Betting Odds
Monday evening will see a good NFC North matchup as with the Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers in what is sure to be toughly contested battle. The Packers come into the matchup clear favorites to win after a good performance this season thus far. With a 4-1 record thus far, the team from Green Bay has proven tough opposition for all of their opponents; however, their single defeat this season so far was at home, which is where they will be playing tonight.
The Detroit Lions started the season in a rather surprising fashion. Thus far, the team has managed to amass a record of 2-1-1, and will remain a strong contender to make it to the playoffs if they are able to remain competitive as they seem to be in coming games. They have already seen some big opposition in the form of the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs, where they notched a victory and a narrow defeat. Will they be able to overcome the Packers?
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions
Well, as per usual, before making any sort of predictions, we always like to have a look at some interesting stats of both teams going into the matchup. Here are some things you ought to know about the Lions and Packers:
- Over the seven or so years, the Detroit Lions have done very well in the week proceeding their bye. Currently, their record against the spread coming off a bye is 6-1. In addition to this, they have gone 4-1 against the spread in their last five games.
- On the other side, the Green Bay Packers have gone 4-1 against the spread in their last five games too. In addition to this, the Packers have covered the spread in 63.5% of all of their home games in the last decade.
- Despite racking up some big wins, both teams have been rather weak defensively. In terms of yards allowed, the Packers rank 24th overall with a total of 376.8 yards allowed, and the Lions rank 27th with a total of 405.5. That said, Green Bay’s defense has been improving with each game.
- At age 35, Aaron Rodgers is still showing why he is the number one quarterback in Green Bay. Although he has had stronger seasons, the Packers last game against the Cowboys was the first game this season he failed to record a passing touchdown in a match. In addition to this, Rodgers has only suffered one pick for six touchdowns in his last five games.
- On the other side, Matthew Stafford is also having a good season, having thrown nine touchdowns for two interceptions in the Lions last four games. Stafford has been accused of being a stat stuffer in recent years though (and this is hard to argue against when one looks at the fact that the Lions haven’t exactly made it past the Wild Card playoffs with him as starter.)
Best Bets to Try
So, with all this said and done, here are our predictions for the upcoming Lions vs Packers matchup:
- Moneyline – we’re going to go with the Lions. Coming fresh off a bye week, the team should have enough to provide the Packers with a good challenge that may actually end in a win. They have already picked up against the Eagles and San Diego Chargers, and were narrowly defeated by the Chiefs. They’ve proven themselves capable of beating the Packers at home.
- Spread – we expect it to be a close game, so we’d recommend taking +3.5 line in favor of the Lions (although it isn’t as profitable as many would like).
Kim’s NFL Record so far: 17-10 (Parlays: 0-2)
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Betting Odds
Check out our other NFL betting news:
- Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Picks, Predictions and Odds
- Washington Redskins at Miami Dolphins Preview, Predictions & Odds