Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/6/19
Recently updated on November 6th, 2019
In tonight’s NHL line-up, we see the Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers for a best of the worst-style Eastern Conference. The Detroit Red Wings come into the game pretty much ranked the worst team in the entire league. They are currently on a three-game losing streak with their last matchup seeing them get thrashed 6-1 by the Nashville Predators. At this stage of the season, the team shows very little sign of improving.
Th New York Rangers are doing better than the Red Wings but not by much. The team comes into the game off a big 6-2 loss against the Ottawa Senators (who currently sit just above the Red Wings on the overall table.) They have managed to get some big wins against competitive teams this season, including victories over the Buffalo Sabres and Nashville Predators. But they have been struggling at home. So, who will win this bout between two teams fraught with misfortune?
Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions
Well, before we get into it all, here is a look at some key Red Wings and Rangers stats and facts:
- The Detroit Red Wings come into the game with a record of 4-11-1. As mentioned above, they are currently on three game losing streak. In their last 10 matches, they have posted a record of 1-8-1. Their sole victory in this period was a home win against the Edmonton Oilers (who currently lead the Pacific division.) On the road, the Red Wings haven’t been all too successful, going 2-6-0 this season so far.
- Jimmy Howard is expected to be named the team’s starting goaltender for the evening. He is not having a good season at all with a record of 2-7-0 on the ice, a goals against average of 3.97, and a save percentage of .889. His alternate, Jonathan Bernier, is not fairing any better with a record of 2-4-1, a goals against average of 3.51, and a save percentage of .887.
- With regards to offensive and defensive core stats, the Red Wings are ranked bottom or near bottom of the league for most metrics. This includes average goals per game, goals allowed, penalty kill percentage, and shooting percentage.
- The New York Rangers come into the game with a record of 5-6-1. They are on a one-game losing streak. In their last 10 matches, they have posted a record of 3-6-1, which at least shows that they are a little more capable of winning matches. Their home record stands at 3-4-1 for the season.
- Henrik Lundqvist is projected to be the Rangers’ starting goaltender for the night. He has posted a record of 2-3-0, a goals against average of 3.58, and a save percentage of .906. In his last game against the Bruins, he let four goals past and was benched before the end of the match.
- In terms of offensive and defensive stats, New York is fairing a lot better than Detroit. In fact, offensively, the team is quite competitive, ranking 13th for goals per game and 9th for shooting percentage. They are terrible at defending though, ranking 30th for penalty minutes and shots on goal per game.
With all that said, here are our recommendations for the Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers:
- Moneyline – we think that the Rangers are going to take this one. The Red Wings just seem to be in terrible shape and the Rangers have them beat offensively. They also seem more prone to picking up wins at home than on the road.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 23-23
Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions & Odds 11/5/2019
- Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/5/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/1/19