Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/23/19
Tonight’s NHL action features an Atlantic Division matchup with the Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators. Both teams aren’t exactly having the best season, with the Red Wings and Senators both on quite intense losing streaks. The Red Wings come into the match having lost their last five games. Their most recent defeat was a 5-2 home loss against the Vancouver Canucks who seem to be having a good season.
Much like last year, the Ottawa Senators aren’t playing very well. They come into this game off a four-game losing streak, with their last defeat coming against the Dallas Stars away. They currently sit in last place on the Atlantic Division table with only a single win. This seems to be the clash of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference so far. So, which team will prove that they are at least marginally better than the other?
Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators Predictions
So, before we get into the prediction making, here are some Red Wings and Senators’ stats that may change your decision:
- The Detroit Red Wings have got a 3-6 record so far this season. This will be their second straight game, after a home loss against the Canucks. They will be playing in Ottawa, and it’s worth noting that their last trip to Canada was a loss against the Edmonton Oilers.
- The Senators enter with a record of 1-6-1. Their last outing was a trip to the Dallas Stars, which ended in a 2-1 defeat. This will be their first home game in three matches. When the Senators last played in the Canadian Tire Center, they were defeated 2-0 by the Minnesota Wild.
- Red Wings goaltender Jonathan Bernier had a good game against the Oilers but a terrible one against the Canucks. Currently, his goals against average sits at 3.03 and save percentage at .905.
- Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t really having a good season. He currently has a 1-4 record when on the ice and 3.25 goals against average. His save percentage is .895 so far this season, meaning that it may be easy to get some shots past him.
- Both teams were dominated by their opponents in the shots department in their last matchups. The Canucks out shout the Red Wings 41-33 and the Stars outshot the Senators 43-20.
So, with all this stated, here are our predictions of the Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators:
- Moneyline – this is a bit of a hard one as the Senators are looking like a good home pick, and the Red Wings are playing their second game in a row. We’re going with the Red Wings though. The Senators just don’t look as if they have what it takes to bring a challenging game. Their offense is not producing enough, and their defense seems pretty horrendous this season.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 14-15
Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/22/19
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds
- Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers Picks, Predictions & Odds
- St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Preview, Prediction & Odds