Do Online Casinos Cheat?
If you have never wondered whether or not online casinos cheat, you have never played online. Everybody wonders whether casino sites are fair and safe places to play at. After all, who really is checking if online casino games are rigged? Casinos could be manipulating software to ensure that the result of a bet always goes against a player’s selection. After a few losses, it really does seem like a casino is just set up to make you lose. Every. Single. Time.
However, before you go down on a conspiracy tangent that sees you denounce ever playing online again, we are here to ease your fears. Yes, some online casinos cheat. It would be a lie to say that all of the casino sites are safe to play at. But this is not the norm, which is why you should always make sure that you are playing at a reliable site that is licensed and regulated by industry governing bodies. Below we have a look at how casino sites cheat and how you can ensure that you are playing at a safe casino site.
How Do Online Casinos Cheat?
Before we explain how casino sites may be able to cheat players, we need to clarify how legitimate casinos work. Casinos make use of a random-number generator in order to generate results for games. Players take it on face value that this algorithm actually works in the way that casinos say that it does.
The fact that online casino games are reliant RNG algorithm gives casino operators an opportunity to cheat players without them even knowing it. Operators can manipulate the algorithm to ensure that players lose every bet. Or, they could be less conspicuous and set to ensure that a player loses a bet that reaches a particular value. The whole aim is to ensure that the casino always profits from a player no matter what.
There are a few casinos out there that rig their games to ensure players never win, but that doesn’t mean that you have to play at them. There are ways to ensure that you do not play at rogue casinos that cheat their players, which we go through in the next section.
How to Pick a Safe Casino Site
So, there are few ways to ensure that you only ever play at casinos that are fair and do not cheat players. Here are some areas you need to ensure that you research for each and every single casino you play at before signing up and making that first deposit:
- Make sure that the casino you are looking to sign up at is audited by either respectable third parties or government agencies, depending on the laws on online gambling where you live. These agencies ensure that casino sites make use of random number generators and that they are genuinely random. If casinos are not compliant with these rules, they are blacklisted by these agencies.
- Try to find out whether or not the casino you want to sign up at has a good reputation. You can find this out by reading reviews, asking on forums, and talking to other casino games fans you know in real life. After all, different player experiences often tell you all you need to know about a casino.
- When you are researching a casino, another area you need to focus on is finding out whether or not it has produced big winners. If you are unable to find out whether the casino has produced big winners, you may want to reconsider playing at it, unless it is a new site that just launched.
- It is not enough for casinos simply to have a seal of approval from government or independent agencies. They need to have their games tested on a regular basis to ensure that they remain fair and ensure that these results are made available to players on request.
- Finally, make sure to check that the casino uses encryption to safeguard the details you share with them when performing transactions. You don’t want to have a situation where your financial data is stolen due to a security breach at the casino. It is as good as playing rigged games.
If you really want to save yourself the hassle and ensure that you are not playing rigged games, just sign up at one of the casinos recommended here on Gambling360.com. We have already gone through the trouble of ensuring that they are safe to play at, so you don’t have to!