Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/30/19
Tonight’s NHL lineup will see the Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets for an interconference matchup. The two teams have had rather varying performances this season so far. The Oilers enter the game atop the Pacific Division table but off a two-game loss streak with their last win coming against the Washington Capitals at home. This will be their second straight game on the road but no doubt that they will be hoping to get back in winning form.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are sitting at the middle of the Metropolitan Division table with the potential of heading to a much higher position if they get some wins in their next few games. They enter this game off a 7-4 away loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve had a bit of a break since that game, which may be enough to the give the Blue Jackets the win in this game.
Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions
As always, we’ll be looking at a few stats and facts before making our prediction for this game. Here are a few things about the Oilers and Blue Jackets you probably should note:
- The Edmonton Oilers come into the game with an overall record of 8-4-1. As stated above, the team did lose their last game 3-1 against the Red Wings. This will be their second game in two nights, and second game on the road.
- The Oilers are projected to start goaltender Mike Smith who has average season so far. The team’s record with him on the ice is 3-3-1, and he has recorded a 2.49 goals allowed average and .914 save percentage.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets come into the game with a 5-4-2 record. They also come into the game off a loss that saw six goals go past starting goaltender Joonas Korpisalo. They last played on Saturday so they come into the game off a good rest.
- Joonas Korpisalo is projected to play tonight. Despite his horrendous performance against the Flyers, the Blue Jackets have only won this season with Korpisalo on the ice. This season so far, he has recorded a goals against average of 3.08 and a save percentage of .896. He has let at least two goals past him in every game he has played this season regardless of whether the game is a win or a loss.
- The Oilers have struggled offensively in the last two games but Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl and James Neal can prove to be very dangerous when they are on form. Draisaitl and Neal currently rank in the top five goal scorers in the league.
With all that said, here are our predictions for the Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets:
- Moneyline – we’re going with Edmonton on this one. Despite the Blue Jackets having rested up, we think that the Oilers offense may prove to be just a little too strong if they can find their form. Korpisalo is also coming off a game where he allowed more than he would like in, and the Oilers will be looking to get off their losing streak.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 17-21
Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Odds
Find the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Washington Capitals at Toronto Maple Leafs Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/29/19
- San Jose Sharks at Boston Bruins Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/29/19
- Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/28/19
- Arizona Coyotes at Buffalo Sabres Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Colorado Avalanche at Vegas Golden Knights Predictions & Odds 10/25/19