No conversation about the most played games in the world would be complete without mentioning Dota 2. The game has grown incredibly popular since being released in 2013, and its competitive nature has given rise to many esports tournaments and leagues. With competitions offering millions of dollars in payouts, there is now a good opportunity to make money with the game. But you don’t even need to be a good Dota 2 player to make money; no. All you need to do is begin betting on professional tournaments at top online gambling sites.
If you are interested in betting on Dota 2 at the best sports betting sites, you have come to the right place. We have created an all-inclusive guide to betting on professional matchups so as to make your journey into the world of esports betting that much easier.
Below we have a look at how the game works, the betting lines available in the game and some good betting tips to keep in mind when making your wagers. We also list the best-rated Dota 2 betting sites currently available online. So, what are you waiting for?
Dota 2 Betting Links
- Dota 2 Sites for Betting 2021
- How Dota 2 Works
- Dota 2 How to Bet
- Top Dota 2 Betting Tips
- Online Dota 2 Cash Betting FAQs
Dota 2 is one of the most widely-played video games in the world. Not only is it free to play but it provides players with exciting and competitive multiplayer experiences. Since releasing in 2013, the game has grown to become one of the biggest esports titles with hundreds of professional tournaments and leagues being organized across the world.
The game works in a similar manner to other multiplayers online battle arena (MOBA) games, such as League of Legends. Summarized, the games see two teams of players consisting of between two and five people go at it on a map as they try to defend their Ancients. (The “Ancient” is a large structure on each side of the map.)
Players select heroes with special abilities and unique strengths and weaknesses to try and gain a strategic edge. These heroes are divided into two primary roles: core and support. Core heroes deal great amounts of damage but suffer due to low damage points. However, support heroes don’t deal a lot of damage but have other abilities that help buff other players or weaken enemies.
So, what sort of betting lines are available on Dota 2 matchups? Well, here is a list of some of the most popular at esports betting sites:
- Moneylines – this is a simple bet. Gamblers simply choose which team they think will win the game.
- Map Betting – this bet is placed on a team to win on a particular game in a series. For example, if Invictus Gaming has not lost the first game in a series in three years, it may pay to bet on them to win the first game.
- Over Unders – this bet type works the same way it does in sports like football or hockey. Bettors predict whether a metric such as handicaps, kills, and map victories, will exceed or come under a number predicted by the sportsbook.
- Spreads – with these bets, a favorite and underdog is declared. Bets on the favorite will see the team needing to win by a certain number of points, whereas bets on the underdog will need to see them close this gap.
- First Blood – this is a bet that sees gamblers predict which team will be the first to kill a hero.
- First Team to Destroy Barracks/Towers – similar to the first blood bet, this bet simply involves predicting which will be the first to destroy a barracks or tower.
Dota 2 can seem like a very scary game to begin betting on if you are not already an experienced player. However, with the following betting tips, all gamblers will soon be making winning wagers on a regular basis:
- Analyze Team Form – just as with regular sports, esports teams go through their ups and downs. If you see that Team Liquid is having a tough time getting back following their defeat against OG at the International in 2019, you shouldn’t be betting on them. The only way to obtain this information is to watch professional games and tournaments.
- Team Strategy – if you are thinking of betting on a team, you need to look at the strategy that they like using. Perhaps, they like focusing on carry players. Or, they prefer to take a mixed approach. Some team’s strategies work better than others against certain formations. So, you’ll need to have a look at their opponent’s preferred set up too.
- Hero Bans – in professional tournaments, teams are often allowed to ban a set of heroes before a matchup. If one team likes using a particular hero, you can be sure that their opponent is going to ban it. Will this be detrimental to their overall strategy?
Check out our other esports guides:
Yes, you can bet on Dota 2 online. All you need to is sign up to one of recommended online sportsbooks and you will have access to lines on all the latest upcoming tournaments.
The top five Dota 2 betting sites are:
Well, there are a number of bets that you can make on a Dota 2 professional match. This includes all the standard bets such as moneylines, spreads, over/unders and futures as well as some unique props, such as which team will get first kill.
As explained above, Dota 2 is not only free-to-play but it also provides players with a competitive online gaming experience. In addition, esports tournaments has only helped in growing the game’s fandom.
Valve – the publishers of Dota 2 and the owners of the Steam storefront – are able to subsidize prize pools by releasing new paid for content for the game on a regular basis. About 25% of sales revenue from these products is put into creating cash prizes for esports tournaments.
Yes and No. The answer to this question is based on personal opinion, so one player may think that Dota 2 is better whereas another thinks that LoL is better. It’s all based on your personal belief.