MLB The Show is a baseball simulation series that has been around since 1997. Each year a new installment in the series has been released, with the series growing to be immensely popular with both video game and sports fans. Unlike other sports simulation games such as Madden, FIFA, or NBA2K, the game did not really have a strong esports presence. Well, that was until the MLB decided to announce The Show Player League in 2020. It is now possible to bet on matches at online gambling sites.
If you would like to find out more about betting on MLB The Show matches or the Player League, read on. Below we have a look at how to bet on games and betting tips to keep in mind when betting on games. In addition, we also list the sport betting sites that list lines for games (we recommend starting with BetOnline.)
MLB The Show Betting Links
- Where to Bet on MLB The Show 20
- What is MLB The Show 20?
- How to Bet on MLB The Show
- Top MLB The Show Betting Tips
- Online MLB The Show Betting – FAQs
MLB The Show is a baseball simulation video game series based on the real league developed by SIE San Diego Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. The game attempts to simulate the game of baseball with players taking control of the team or single player depending on the nature of gameplay at that moment.
Although other sports-oriented games, such as FIFA and Madden, have received esports leagues, The Show has always been kind of absent from the scene. Up until 2020, the game had always been exclusive to PlayStation consoles, thereby limiting the player base, although it is set to expand in 2021.
It was only after the MLB announced a professional player league in place of the real league during the coronavirus pandemic that many started looking at using the game to create a new esport. It is now possible to bet on MLB The Show matches.
With MLB The Show betting being relatively new, there are limited lines available on games as sportsbooks look at ways in which to draft lines effectively. The good news about this is that there is a lot of money to be made if you know how the game works and can anticipate player skill effectively.
Currently, the two lines available at most esports betting sites on MLB The Show matches are the following:
- Moneyline – predicting which team or player is going to win the matchup.
- Totals – predicting whether the score will exceed or come below a scoreline set by the sportsbook.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when betting on the MLB The Show Player League
- Understand the game – just because you’re good at baseball, doesn’t mean that you’re good at video games. Understand how the game works so that you can identify when other players are making rookie errors or following a failproof strategy.
- Research – the MLB The Show player league is a very new creation, so there won’t be much information available. However, this does not mean that you cannot research past games in the hopes of perhaps coming across trends.
- Don’t bet on every game – you should only bet on games that you have researched and are able to make calculated bets in. Don’t just wager money for the sake of doing so because that results in lost bets.
Check out our other esports betting guides:
Yes, you can. Since the announcement of the MLB The Show 20 Players League, most betting sites have been drafting lines for games.
Here is a list of sites with lines for MLB The Show matches:
Yes and no. This is dependent on the sports and esports betting laws in your state. If sports betting is allowed, chances are you can bet on these games.
No, the MLB The Show is developed by SIE San Diego Studio and produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. This explains why the game has always been exclusive to PlayStation. However, it was announced in 2019, that the game would be made available on other platforms after 2020.
MLB The Show 20. Each new iteration improves on the last entry in the series as developers work towards making the game a faithful simulation of the real league.
es and no. The answer to this question largely depends on whether or not you are good at video games. The game is perhaps slightly more complicated than other sports simulations due to a baseball simulator needing more elements for players to learn to control than maybe other games. But then again, this is based on personal opinion.