Rocket League may seem like a ridiculous concept with the whole idea of cars being used to play soccer but it is incredibly fun…and competitive. The game’s cut-throat nature has given rise to an esports scene. Nowadays, Rocket League tournaments and professional sporting leagues exist around the world. And this has given rise to Rocket League betting at online gambling sites. You can now make every tournament that more exciting just by playing a wager on it.
If you would like to find out more about betting on Rocket League, stick around. We have created a guide to betting on professional matches and tournaments based on the game down below. There we have a look at the types of wagers you can make on a Rocket League match as well as some betting tips to keep in mind when planning your wagers. We also provide a list of sports betting sites with esports options. So, what are you waiting for? Start betting today!
Rocket League Betting Links
- Bet on Rocket League Matches
- What is Rocket League?
- Rocket League Betting Lines – How to Wager
- Top Rocket League Betting Tips
- Rocket League Betting Website – FAQs
Rocket League was originally released in 2015 by developers and publishers Psyonix. The game features cars playing soccer. Just as with soccer, players try to score more goals than their opponents by trying to get the ball in the back of the net.
Soon after release, Rocket League was made free through PlayStation’s Instant Game Collection service, which saw the game downloaded more than six million times. A lot of the game’s success is attributed to this decision as the large install base soon started realizing the game’s competitive potential and sales numbers started growing afterwards.
However, it was only in 2016 that the game’s esport potential was realized. Psyonix launched the Rocket League Championship Series (RLCS) and offered big cash rewards to winners that exceeded $100000. More professional leagues and tournaments have been launched since then, providing esports gamblers with more betting opportunities.
Looking to bet on Rocket League but don’t know where to start? Below is a list of all the most popular betting lines made available on games:
- Moneylines – gamblers select the team or player they think will win a matchup. These really are the easiest bets to make on a match.
- Spreads – the sportsbook sets a favorite and an underdog. They then set a line the favorite needs to win the match by. Gamblers can then bet on whether or not the favorite will beat the spread or the underdog will cover.
- Over/Unders – here gamblers bet on whether or not a match will exceed or come in below a scoreline set by a sportsbook.
- Futures – these are bets placed on a team to win a championship long before the final game takes place.
- Map Betting – these are bets placed on a particular team to win a specific map or match in the series. For example, betting on Team A to win Map 2.
Here are some tips to have a look at before placing your first bet:
- Research Teams – just as like with any sport, you need to be in the know about the players and teams who are doing well. Follow teams and their performances at tournaments as this may give you a better insight on which team is most likely to do well at the next one.
- Study Patch Notes – Psyonix is constantly releasing updates for the game and sometimes they alter the physics concerning ball movement. This may see some players struggle to play the game, whereas others may have a playstyle better suited to it.
- Don’t Bet on One-on-One Matches – in saying this, we are not suggesting that you don’t bet on games featuring only two people. Rather, we are saying to avoid betting on single games as opposed to a series. Single games are often unpredictable. In addition, the game itself is slightly more unpredictable than other esports titles.
Check out our other esports guides:
Yes, you can bet on Rocket League games. Many of sports betting sites include tournaments based on the title in their list of esports betting options.
Yes, you can bet on the Rocket League Championship Series. It is possible to bet on any of the major esports tournaments surrounding the game.
If you are a beginner, we recommend sticking to moneylines and over/unders until you get the hang of the research that is involved with sports betting. Once you have mastered those two, you can move on to any bet you like.
Despite being a five-year old game, Rocket League remains one of the most popular games available. It consistently appears on the Steam’s and Xbox’s most played game lists.
At the time of writing, it is suggested that Fairy Peak is the highest paid player, having taken home $150,371.27 last year.