The StarCraft series is viewed by many as the game that gave life to the esports scene. With StarCraft 2 being the latest entry in the series, and the esports scene having seen great growth since the original game’s release, you can bet that there are loads of tournaments based on the game to bet on. The game requires much from players in the form of tactics and strategy, and this makes for great competition. And where there is great competition, there is always a chance to profit by way of gambling.
If you would like to find out more about betting on StarCraft 2 games, make sure to stick around. Below we go through all gamblers need to know about betting on professional games. This includes a glance at the types of bets you can make on matches as well as the best tips to keep in mind when making these tips. We then also list some top online gambling sites for esports bets.
StarCraft 2 Betting Links
- Where to Bet on StarCraft 2
- What is StarCraft 2?
- StarCraft 2 Odds – Betting Lines Explained
- Top StarCraft 2 Betting Tips
- Online StarCraft 2 Betting – FAQs
StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty (more commonly known as just StarCraft 2) is a real-time strategy game developed by Blizzard Entertainment and released in 2010. The game sees players take on the roles of one of three different species: Protoss, Terran and Zerg. The game is widely-renown for both its exciting single-player campaign and its compelling multiplayer mode.
The multiplayer mode is what we’re focused on here. In this mode, players try to build civilizations and armies that are capable of destroying that of their opponents. It is a simulation of what it would be like to be in control of the army of a nation. Using strategy and tactics, players attempt to take over the map without being conquered. Players have the option of playing 1v1 matches or competing in teams.
The StarCraft 2 esports scene has been active for more than a decade at this point. With several leagues and tournaments being held throughout the world, there is ample opportunity to bet on professional matches. Especially at sports betting sites.
Here are all the most popular bets available on StarCraft 2 games at the best esports betting sites:
- Match Winner – with these bets, gamblers simply predict which player or team they think will win the match.
- Futures – these wagers are similar to moneylines but instead of betting on a singular game, gambler predicts which player will win a tournament long before the final match is played.
- Props – these are event-based wagers. For example, you could bet that one player is going to use a specific strategy.
- Parlays – these bets string a list of bets together. For example, you a moneyline and several prop bets. You need to get all of your predictions correct to get paid out. These bets offer big payouts and are very hard to get right.
- Live Bets – these are wagers placed on in-play games. You could place any bet, including moneylines, spreads and props.
There are a couple of tips that you need to keep in mind if you are going to make accurate StarCraft 2 bets. These include the following:
- Narrow Down Your Focus Area – you need to pick several teams or players that you are going to focus on when placing wagers. This helps you to research these players/teams by having a look at their stats and performance history.
- Be Mindful of Player Form – it is important to remember that players don’t remain good forever. They go through their ups and downs. You need to keep a player’s current form in mind when placing bets.
- Watch Games – the best way to keep up with what is going on in the StarCraft 2 esports scene is to watch games and see the action for yourself. Make sure that you watch all the games involving the players and teams you would like to bet on.
- Place Mindful Bets – it is important to place bets that you have thought through and researched. Never place a bet on an event just because you felt like wagering money. You may as well then just donate that money to a charity because you are never going to see it again.
Check out our other esports betting guides:
Can I bet on StarCraft 2?
Yes, you can bet on StarCraft 2. With the game maintaining one of the oldest available esports scenes, you can be sure that many sportsbooks will provide gamblers with the chance to bet on games.
What are the best StarCraft 2 betting sites?
Here is a list of the top five StarCraft 2 betting sites:
Is it legal to bet on StarCraft 2?
Yes, it is legal to bet on StarCraft 2. Well, the answer to this question is dependent on the state in which you live. If you live in a state that has legalized sports betting, then you can bet on games. If you don’t, however, it may very well be illegal to do so.
What tournaments can I bet on?
Gamblers can bet on the StarCraft 2 World Championship Series and the Global StarCraft 2 League (GSL), among many other potential tournaments and leagues across the world.
Is StarCraft 2 free to play now?
StarCraft 2 has been free to play since 2017. With the game having launched in 2010, some may have believed that it was time for Blizzard to take such steps.
Will there be a StarCraft 3?
Blizzard has not released any news suggesting that another entry in the series may be in development. With the reaction to the Diablo mobile game a few years ago, it may be difficult for them to meet fan expectations.