In tonight’s NHL action, we’ll see the Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks for another inter-conference clash. Both teams come into the game with rather similar looking records. The Florida Panthers have posted a record of 5-2-4 so far this season, and are coming off a big win against the Edmonton Oilers, who lead the Eastern Conference. However, this will be their third straight game on the road, and they have already been defeated once.
On the other side, Vancouver comes into this game with a 6-3-1 record and off an overtime loss against the Washington Capitals at home. Although they are currently at sixth place on the Western Conference standings, the team has been performing well this year, but have shown that they are beatable. So, who will win in this close matchup?
Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks Predictions
Well, before we make any predictions, here are some big facts and stats regarding both the Panthers and the Canucks that you may need to keep in mind:
- As mentioned above, the Panthers enter this game off a big win against the Oilers. Starting goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky had a good game, and may prove instrumental in securing a Panthers win if he plays here and does so well. He has been having a bit of an average season overall though with the Panthers posting a record of 4-2-3 with him on the ice. He has also recorded a goals against average of 3.65 and a save percentage of .874.
- The Panthers have got a strong offense this season that seems to be finding momentum as the season goes on. Jonathan Huberdeau and Aleksander Barkov have both been performing very well, scoring a combined eight goals. They will prove hard to stop if the Panthers are able to find their stride in this matchup.
- Canucks starting goaltender Jacob Markstrom is coming off an unfortunate defeat against the Capitals, which saw him let five goals through. Overall, this season he has performed better than Bobrovsky so far, posting a 2.53 goals against average and .920 save percentage. The Canucks are also 4-2-1 with him on the ice.
- The Canucks are also doing pretty well offensively this year, with JT Miller, Bo Horvat and Elias Petterson all proving instrumental in scoring goals and creating them. They too can prove a lot to handle when they play well, and helped the Canucks take a serious lead against Washington in their loss.
With all this stated, here are our predictions for Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks:
- Moneyline – we think that the Panthers may just have what it takes to win this matchup. Despite a rocky start to the season, the team has been gaining good momentum in the last few games. In addition to this, the Canucks are just coming off a game where they blew a 5-2 lead due to some horrendous goaltending. If this trend continues for Markstrom, it should be easy for the Panthers to take control.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 15-19
Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Arizona Coyotes at Buffalo Sabres Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Colorado Avalanche at Vegas Golden Knights Predictions & Odds 10/25/19
- New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators Predictions & Odds 10/25/19
- Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions & Odds 10/24/19
- Washington Capitals at Edmonton Oilers Predictions & Odds 10/24/19