Inaugurated in 1984 the Breeders’ Cup Distaff is a highly anticipated race for avid horse racing bettors. Breeders’ Cup Distaff is a select Thoroughbred’s race for fillies and mares three years and up. The unique thing about this race is, it uses a Weight for Age scale to level the playing field between fillies and mares. Older horses may have more stamina which comes with age while a young filly may have the weight of the older mare but none of the stamina. With such interesting technicalities, betting on the Distaff race is that much more exciting. Below is a list of the online gambling sites with the best betting odds and lines for horse races
Bet on the Breeders’ Cup Distaff Races Here
What You’ll Find In Our Breeders’ Cup Distaff Guide
- Betting on Breeders’ Cup Distaff Races
- Breeders’ Cup Distaff Betting Tips
- Breeders’ Cup Distaff Trivia
To bet successfully on the Breeders’ Cup Distaff race at sports betting sites in the USA, you need to be aware of each racing horses’ statistics and records in order to make an informed bet. Also, the races age and weight influence its performance. This is why horses that enter this race are vetted through a weight for Age scale developed back in 1860 by Admiral Rous. The Weight for Age (WFA) scale takes into account the distance of the race, the horses’ age and weight. The distance is important because younger horses do not have the stamina older horses have. If the WFA scale was not used older horses would always win and where’s the fun in betting on obvious results?
- Study the statistics of horse racing
- Know the stats of the participating jockeys – previously successful jockeys have been proven to have an edge
- Keep updated with Breeders Cup records and previous winners to make better bets
- Wager simpler bets such as the win, place or show bet. If you decide to go for exotic bets try sticking to Exacta, Quinella and Trifecta bets. They require less accuracy and yield decent payouts.
- Set a betting budget and stick to it.
Check Out Our Other Breeders’ Cup Guides
In the history of the Breeder’s Cup Distaff only three horses have ever won the race more than once. All three horses managed to win the race twice, two won it consecutively while the one had a two-year gap in between wins.
Beholder won the Distaff Race 2016 and 2014, the jockey was Gary Stevens
Royal Delta won in 2011 and 2012, jockey was William I. Mott
Bayakoa won in the early years of the Breeders’ Cup in 1989 and 1990, her jockey was Laffit Pincay, Jr