Churchill Downs is an iconic race track located in Louisville, Kentucky and is known to many US bettors as the home of the Kentucky Derby. The track has a beautiful and rich history. It was opened back in 1875 and has been around for over 140 years. The track seats around 170 000 racing enthusiasts.
Churchill Downs hosts several other racing events annually which garner a lot of public attention. Overall, the race track hosts three meets that are set in stone on their calendar. They host the September meet, a fall meet and a spring/summer meet. The Kentucky Oaks is another event hosted by Churchill Downs that attracts thousands of spectators. This annual event is held on the Friday before the Kentucky Derby. With all this in mind, it makes sense that many consider Churchill Downs to be at the forefront of horse racing events in the United States.
Best Racebooks for Churchill Downs Betting
There plenty of racebooks gamblers can use for their horse race betting. The first step to enjoying this race at the Churchill Downs is signing up at a great racebook that has the best available odds. For your convenience, we have compiled a few reputable racebooks with great odds below.
What You’ll Find In Our Churchill Downs Racetrack Guide
We’ve already highlighted the events that take place at the Churchill Downs. So now, let’s focus on how you can bet on these events with ease. There are six betting options available on all the above-mentioned races.
- Place – a bettor, in this case, is placing a wager on their chosen horse to finish in either the first place or second place.
- Exacta – an Exacta bet is similar to a Place bet except in this case a bettor is predicting which horse will win the race and which one will come second.
- Superfecta – this is the highest paying bet. In this case, a bettor will pick the first, second, third and fourth place in a race.
- Show – this bet type requires that bettor predict their pick will finish in the top three.
- Win – this is the easiest bet to understand. In this case, you are simply betting on which horse will win the race.
- Trifecta – this bet is similar to Superfecta bet. In this case, a bettor is simply picking the top three in the exact order.
Check Out Our Other Horse Racing Track Guides
The racetrack has maintained its historical structure over the course of a century while offering a modern look. This is because of the renovations that have taken place over the years. The venue houses over 5000 horses each year. With the variety of events accompanied by a phenomenon of culture, it’s no wonder that the Churchill Downs continues to maintain its legendary status.