Summer horse racing at its best, with big crowds, exhilarating horse racing action, and live bands. Saratoga has everything to get your adrenaline pumping! Bookmaking Saratoga online has never been this easy. You can bet on races at Saratoga even when you are on your tablet, smartphone, and computer at leading bookmaking sites in America. Get to feel like a VIP with an 8% horse betting refund on horse wagers, win or lose, waged to your account on the next day. New players get a 10% bonus on their first deposit and they also qualify for a $150 cash bonus! Sign up Today!
Saratoga Racing History
Established in 1863, Saratoga Race Course is the long existing organized sporting site in the United States. Also, Saratoga was named one of the world’s utmost sporting venues by Sports Illustrated. Saratoga has a lot of history, in fact, it has held its first thoroughbred a month after the Battle of Gettysburg. tTe population of Saratoga Springs has tripled to 75,000. This takes place when the thoroughbreds arrive for the summer meet every year.
The track is known as the “Graveyard of Champions” as a lot has taken place there. Such as the Secretariat lost, Triple Crown winner and Gallant Fox was crushed by 100-1 longshot Jim Dandy in 1930 Travers Stakes.
Horse Racing Odds
‘Morning Lines’ (M/L) also known as the morning odds are set by the track for the day’s match. Throughout the course of the day until the actual match, the odds might change regardless of the fact that posted Morning Lines in the racebook don’t change. Winners get paid out at full track odds.
How to Place a Bet at the Saratoga Race Track
When placing your wager, you will have to place it in a sure order.
- What track can be assumed if you place the wager at the track
- Have your race number.
- Choose what amount you want to bet in dollars.
- Choose the type of bet you want to place
- Select a number of horses you are gambling on.
When placing your bet, it will look like: “At Saratoga, Race 3, $5 to win on number 6!”
Types of Bets to Place at the Saratoga Racetrack
Straight Wager Bets
- Win – choose a quality horse This is the common and modest bet to place.
- Place – select a horse to quality first or second.
- Show – choose a horse to quality first, second, or third.
Exotic Wager Bets
- Exacta – choose the first and second spot finishers in precise order.
- Trifecta –select the first, second, and third spot finishers in careful order.
- Superfecta – choose the first, second, third, and fourth spot qualifiers in thorough order.
- Box – also, you can box any of the striking wager bets, which will place a wager on any combination of the horses chosen.
Check out our other Horse Racing Guides
- Horse Racing
- Aqueduct Racetrack
- Belmont Park Racetrack
- Breeders’ Cup
- Churchill Downs Racetrack
- Del Mar Racetrack
- Kentucky Derby
- Pimlico Racetrack
- Ricoh Woodbine Mile
How to Calculate Your Payout
Your payout is determined by the number of horses in the wager, the odds on the horses you select, and also the wager amount. Straight win wagers are easy to calculate, you multiply the amount staked by the odds, and add the amount gambled.