The American League Championship Series (ALCS) is tied 1-1 at the moment. Both teams will be looking to get the edge over their opponent with the Houston Astros at New York Yankees for Game 3 tonight. The two titans of American League have provided baseball fans and bettors with a thrilling series so far, with the Yankees thrashing the Astros 7-0 in the first game, and the Astros fighting back to get the overtime win in the second game.
Houston comes into the match favored to win despite having to travel to Yankee Stadium for the matchup, and having performed rather poorly in the first game of the series. However, the Yankees certainly seemed to be underperformer in the second game. With the Yankees failing to impress in Game 2, are the bookie right set the Astros as the favorite?
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 Predictions
As usual, before we share our predictions with you, we always like to have a look at some of the team stats and facts coming into the game. Here are some interesting facts that may influence your betting decisions for the Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 matchup:
- Gerrit Cole will be starting for the Astros tonight who is coming off an amazing regular season. Cole is ranked first overall for starting pitcher in the league this year with a record of 20-5, a 2.50 ERA and a total of 326 strikeouts. He last start saw him give up a single run in eight innings.
- The Yankees will be starting Luis Severino who was absent for most of the season this year due to injury. Severino comes into the game with a 1-1 record and 1.50 ERA. In his last two games against the Astros last season, he went 2-0 with 1.13 ERA. The Yankees will surely be hoping that he will be able to repeat the performance this year.
- The Yankees have a good home record this season at 59-24; the third best in the league this year. The Astros aren’t quite as good on the road with a record of 45-36 (this hasn’t stopped Astros shortstop Carlos Correa from taunting the Yankees though.)
- Somewhat unsurprisingly, Giancarlo Stanton won’t be available for the Yankees for Game 3. (He hasn’t really been available for the team for much of the year.)
With all that said and done, here are our predictions for Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3:
- Moneyline – although Cole is one of the best pitchers in the MLB at the moment, we believe that the Yankees may be able to pull through. They are playing at home where they have the clear advantage. Severino is also no joke and is sure to give the Astros a hard time getting on the scoreboard.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Record so far: 4-0.
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 Odds
Check out the latest MLB betting news here:
- St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Preview, Predictions and Odds
- Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Odds, Predictions & Tips
- Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Preview, Odds & Predictions
- Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals Preview & Picks
- Mike Trout Ends Season Early Due To Foot Surgery; Center Fielder’s Health Questioned