Game 3 of the American League Championship Series (ALCS) saw Gerrit Cole pitch the Houston Astros to victory, giving the team a 2-1 lead over the Yankees, despite having to make the dreaded trip to the Bronx. Thus, Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 poses some interesting questions for both baseball fans and bettors as the Astros look to increase their series lead and the Yankees look to level the score.
Unlike in yesterday’s game, the Yankees come into this matchup set as favorites to win by most sportsbooks. There are many reasons as to why this maybe, including that Cole will not be starting pitcher and that the Yankees will be playing hard to get a comeback win. However, will they be able to do so?
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 Predictions [Updated]
Before we get into making any sort of predictions, let’s have a look at what’s going on at both teams, and how they have fared so far:
- The Astros currently lead the series 2-1. This is the second game in New York, which is a pretty tough place to get a victory in, let alone do it twice in a row. Fans and bettors can expect it to be a very competitive contest.
- So, before the game was postposned, the Astros had selected Jose Urquidy as starting pitcher. Urquidy was is relatively inexperienced pitcher who was only promoted to the majors this year thus there was less to stress about. Now, however, the Astros will be starting Zack Greinke who went 8-1 with a 3.02 ERA for the Astros since being acquired from the Diamondbacks where he posted an 18-5 record with a 2.93 ERA. He is coming off a loss having pitched in the first game in the series, and his overall record is 4-5 against the Yankees.
- The Yankees were going focused on a bullpen game for Game 4, but have now named Masahiro Tanaka as their starting pitcher. Tanaka is widely known to be one of the best postseason pitchers the league has ever seen with the third lowest ERA in MLB history. He last started against the Astros in Game 1, which proved to be great game for the Yankees, where he allowed only one hit. He is 2-4 against the Astros, but 2-1 against the Astros in postseason.
- Giancarlo Stanton is still said to be injured despite being send to be available for Game 3. Stanton will be a huge loss for the Yankees if he is unable to play in Game 4.
With all this stated, here are our betting recommendations for Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4:
- Moneyline – [updated] we still feel that New York will take this game. From what it appears, the line-up is going to be a repeat of that seen in Game 1, where the Yankees were able to walk away with the victory.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Prediction Record so far: 4-1.
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest MLB betting news here:
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 Picks, Predictions & Odds
- St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Preview, Predictions and Odds
- Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Odds, Predictions & Tips
- Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Preview, Odds & Predictions
- Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals Preview & Picks