So, here we are for Game 5 of the American League Championship Series (ALCS). When this portion of the series first started, many thought that the Houston Astros at New York Yankees games would have very different results, but we sit on the brink of the Astros winning the AL pennant and making it through to the World Series for the second time in three years. They currently lead the series 3-1, with the Yankees sole victory having come in Game 1 in Houston.
Game 5 will be the third straight game played in New York, and while many expected the Yankees to dominate at home, the Astros have basically shown that all the Bronx has to offer is unruly fans more than anything else. With the Yankees needing a win to keep the series going, and the Astros on the brink of making it to the World Series, who will win this exciting matchup?
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 Predictions
Well, before we get into the prediction making, here are a few stats that helped us come to our conclusions:
- The Astros have won two straight games in New York quite decisively through throwing some of their best pitchers at the Yankees. They currently lead the series 3-1 and need one more victory to wrap up the series.
- The Astros are set to be starting Justin Verlander, who played Game 2 against the Yankees in which he allowed two runs over a total of 6.2 innings. He posted some relatively strong road season stats this season, going 11-2 and posting a 2.82 ERA. (His overall record is 21-6 with a 2.58 ERA.)
- In contrast, the Yankees are set to start James Paxton following Masahiro Tanaka’s disappointing performance against the Astros. Paxton posted an overall record of 15-6 with a 3.82 ERA. With regards to home games, his record sits at 7-3 with a 3.35 ERA.
- Giancarlo Stanton remains injured (at this point, it seems you can count the games that he does play) and that has left a hole in the Yankees line-up that has been felt throughout the series.
With all that said, here are our predictions for Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5:
- Moneyline – we bet on the Yankees in Game 3 and Game 4 because we thought that they had what it took to overcome the deficit. Now, however, we see that the Houston Astros are just too good this season. The Yankees will be playing for their survival but at this point we just don’t think that it’s enough. Thus, we recommend betting on the Houston Astros on tying up the ALCS quite nicely.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Prediction Record so far: 4-2.
Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest MLB betting news:
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 Preview, Prediction & Odds
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 Picks, Predictions & Odds
- St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Preview, Predictions and Odds
- Washington Nationals at Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Odds, Predictions & Tips
- Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Preview, Odds & Predictions