Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3 Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/25/19 – World Series
Recently updated on October 25th, 2019
The World Series has been filled with surprising results so far. The Nationals decimated the Astros in Game 2, and after a one-day break, will be hoping to pick up another victory in Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3. The Astros enter the game on the furthest possible foot a team could seemingly ever have but some sportsbooks are still favoring them despite being handed a terrible 12-3 defeat in Houston.
On the other side, the Nationals come into the game with a 2-0 lead, which is essentially all they could have ever asked for with regards to beginning their World Series run. With both the Nationals now claiming home advantage, will it be enough to guarantee the team the biggest trophy in baseball? Or, will the Astros bring it back in what is sure to be a very interesting game?
Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3 Predictions
Well, before we get into the prediction making, here are some facts and stats regarding the Astros and Nationals:
- After both Gerrit Cole and Justin Verlander fell short of the mark, the Houston Astros have decided to name Zack Greinke starting pitcher for Game 3. Throughout the postseason, Greinke has gone 0-2 with a 6.43 but actually performed pretty well against the Yankees in Game 4. Throughout the regular season he was able to go 18-5 with a 2.93 ERA while playing both for the Diamondbacks and the Astros. In his last game against the Nationals, he went 7.1 scoreless innings.
- On the other side, the Nationals have decided to start Anibal Sanchez who had a pretty good game against the St Louis Cardinals giving up only one hit in 7.2 innings. Sanchez comes into the game with a postseason record of 1-0 and a 0.71. It is important to note that despite posting a record of 11-8 with a 3.85 ERA, he did lead the National League with errors. The Nationals will be hoping that he brings his postseason form as opposed to his regular season one.
- Juan Soto had a great game against the Astros in their first matchup in the series, and the Nationals will be hoping that he has another big game today. Along with Soto, the Nationals have great hitters in the form of Howie Kendrick and Anthony Rendon.
With all this said, here are our predictions for Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Nationals. As a famous soccer commentator once said about a struggling Chelsea’s 2013 victory of Bayern Munich, sometimes it’s just written in the stars, and it seems that way with the Nationals this year. We think they’re headed for a sweep.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Prediction Record so far: 6-3.
Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3 Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest MLB betting news:
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 2 Preview, Predictions & Odds – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 1 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 Preview, Prediction & Odds
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 3 Picks, Predictions & Odds