Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/28/20
Recently updated on July 28th, 2020
So, the MLB season continues despite the Miami Marlins COVID19 scare. Today’s line-up of games includes the Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers. The Astros come into this game off a win against the Seattle Mariners. The team has only been defeated once this season so far but has now lost star pitcher Justin Verlander to injury, putting their playoff hopes in jeopardy.
The Los Angeles Dodgers come into this one following two consecutive losses against a questionable San Francisco Giants squad. The team started the season off well, especially after adding Mookie Betts to their line-up. But the Dodgers have been struggling to live up to expectations, and it will be interesting to see how they fare against a team with a stronger bullpen. So, who will take it in this one?
Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers Predictions
Let’s have a look at some stats before we get into the predictions:
- Framber Valdez is expected to start for the Astros today. His overall record with the Astros isn’t amazing. His career stats see him with a 4.60 ERA and an even win-loss record of 8-8. Last season, he went 4-7 with a 5.86 ERA. He has never played against the Dodgers.
- The Astros offensive line-up has been playing well this season so far. Michael Brantley, Martín Maldonado, and José Altuve all seem poised to have a good season this year despite the cheating scandal that rocked the team earlier this year.
- The Astros come into this game after starting their season with a 3-1 streak against the Seattle Mariners. As far as tough opposition goes, the Mariners can’t really be considered one of the best teams in the league. The Astros will only face real tests of strength when they play teams like the Dodgers and Athletics.
- The Dodgers are expected to come in strong in this one by fielding Walker Buehler. Buehler had a good 2019 season going 14-4 and posting an ERA of 3.26. His career stats sit at 23-9 with 3.12 ERA. He was also named an All-Star last season.
- Justin Turner and Enrique Hernández lead the team in terms of runs. The Dodgers started the season on an offensive high note. But the Giants managed to hold the team to less than five runs in the last two games, so they are stoppable.
- The Dodgers come into this one after a day off. It will be the first game of nine on the road, so there shouldn’t be too much road wear and tear seen in this one. They haven’t been at their best in the last two games, so it could be a very long road trip for them.
This isn’t a straightforward game to predict. Sportsbooks are favoring the Dodgers. There are no surprises there, seeing that they are fielding Buehler. However, the Astros offensive line-up has proven pretty difficult to keep under control.
Of course, there is no comparing the Seattle Mariners to the Los Angeles Dodgers. That said, you can’t deny that the Astros will be a handful for any team.
Overall, we think that the Dodgers have something to prove in this one and will want to get back into winning ways. So, we suggest that you take the Dodgers moneyline. We wouldn’t risk it with the run line, though, as that seems a little too gracious.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
- Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Predictions, Pick, and Odds 7/24/20
- Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/24/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20