Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
Opening day is finally here, and the season will kick off with a big rivalry game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers come into this one following being fairly dominant in their Spring Training games. The team picked some massive wins against the Arizona Diamondbacks and the San Diego Padres. They will be hoping to continue the momentum.
The San Francisco Giants come into this one having seen a bit of success in pre-season games as well. However, there were some games where they got destroyed, such as that against the Chicago Cubs in March. The Giants didn’t really perform that well in 2019, and they’re hoping that the appointment of a new manager in Gabe Kapler will change this. So, who’s got the edge in this matchup?
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions
So, let’s have a look at a few of the team stats in this one
- Clayton Kershaw is expected to start on the mound for the Dodgers today. Kershaw’s career stats are widely known to be impressive. He has a career ERA of 2.44 and an overall win-loss ratio of 169-74.
- Last season, he finished the regular season with a record of 16-5 and a 3.03 ERA. Against the Giants he has a 1.74 ERA and a 23-12 win-loss ratio.
- Mookie Betts was added to the Dodgers’ list of hitters this season. He is a three-time Silver Slugger winner, meaning that he will add to the team’s strong set of hitters, which already includes Cody Bellinger, Corey Seager, and Max Muncy.
- The Dodgers (along with the New York Yankees) have been named favorites to take the World Series this year by many sportsbooks. The reasoning behind this decision is the team’s overall strength. A lot of it has to do with the strong pitching staff.
- Johnny Cueto has been named starting pitcher for the Giants today. Cueto has a career ERA of 3.35 and a win-loss ratio of 126-87. He had a poor season last year, posting a record of 1-2 and ERA of 5.06 in four starts after spending most of the year injured. He has a poor record against the Dodgers going 7-9 with an ERA of 3.53.
- The Giants roster is not quite comparable to that of the Dodgers. Catcher Buster Posey has opted out of the season, and Brandon Belt and Evan Longoria are both dealing with injuries that may see them sit out this first game. Things are looking bleak on the hitting side.
- The Giants enter the season following a poor 2019 campaign, which saw them win only 77 games. The result of this was a change in management with Gabe Kapler being brought in. Kapler was fired from the Phillies last season despite leading them to their best record in seven years.
We think this is an easy one with the way things are going for San Francisco. However, the moneyline on the Dodgers doesn’t pay very well, so we say try your luck on the run line. You are sure to see a better return here.
Although Cueto had a bad season last year, he is not a bad pitcher. He is returning from injury though. So, if you want to try your luck on an over 8 line, we say now is probably the best time to try it.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Washington Nationals vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles Angels Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/21/20
- Is Baseball Coming Back In 2020?
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 7 Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series