Los Angeles Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/13/20
In tonight’s Major League Soccer action, the Los Angeles Galaxy take on the Portland Timbers in a big West Coast match up in the East. This will be the first match since the tournament’s start for both teams.
Before the league’s progress was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Los Angeles Galaxy had a relatively weak start to the season. Their first two games resulted in a draw against Houston Dynamo and a loss against the Vancouver Whitecaps. Since striker Zlatan Ibrahimović left to Milan, the team has struggled to pick up the pieces.
On the other side, the Portland Timbers had a pretty fair start to the season. They racked up a loss in their first game against Minnesota United (who seemed fair game for a future) and a win against Nashville SC.
With the league restart, will both teams still be showing the same form they did before the season was halted.
Los Angeles Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Predictions
Before we get into the predictions, here’s a look at some important stats you need to consider before you place your bet:
- As mentioned above, Zlatan Ibrahimović no longer plays for LA Galaxy. Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Javier Hernández were brought in to replace the missing firepower. However, Hernández seems to be struggling to adapt to his new team.
- The Los Angeles Galaxy have not won a title since 2014. Last season, they made it all the way to the Conference semi-finals before losing out to city rivals, Los Angeles FC.
- The Portland Timbers started this season off fairly, but their first win came off of Nashville SC – one of the league’s newest teams. Getting a win off of a new franchise isn’t exactly always the most convincing statistic.
- The team has got a lot of veteran players who know what they are doing, but we can’t really say that anybody stands out in the Portland Timbers. Usually, this is fine if the team can work as a unit to achieve results, which they did in three of the last five seasons. But 2019 saw the team simply make the first round of the MLS Cup.
- Los Angeles Galaxy and Portland Timbers have met each other 25 times so far. The record is pretty even with Galaxy having a slight edge with 10 wins and Portland having 9 wins.
Statistically, Los Angeles Galaxy isn’t a team that plays badly for very long. However, this is a tough one to guess as it really could go either way. We think that if you would really like to chance it with an outcome-based bet, go with the draw.
However, if this bet is too risky for you, we suggest going with the under 3.5. The wager still has a reasonably good payout and seems likely to happen.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- New York Red Bulls vs Atlanta United Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/11/20
- Seattle Sounders vs San Jose Earthquakes Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/10/20
- Tottenham vs Everton Prediction, Picks & Odds 7/6/20
- Wolves vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/4/20
- Norwich City vs Manchester United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/27/20