It’s a tale as old as time; you can’t play games on Mac computers, or at the very least without a Boot Camp Windows emulator. Well, that’s what used to be the case before software developers started optimizing their games for Apple products, such as the MacBook Air, iPhones and iPads. Nowadays, it is completely possible to play slot machines and table games at Mac friendly casinos on your device.
If you would like to find out more about the wonders of playing casino games for real money on your Apple computer, read on down below. There we have a look at all you need to know about how sports betting and online casino operators provide for Mac users. Some of the areas we cover include:
- How to find a Mac casino.
- The best games to play on your device.
- And, the types of bonuses available to you.
We have also listed online gambling sites with strong instant play casinos so that you can begin playing your favorite games in no time at all.
Mac Casino Links
- Best Online Casinos for Mac
- How to Find Mac Compatible Casinos
- Casino Games for Mac
- Casino on Mac Bonuses
- Disadvantages of Playing on Mac
- Mac Online Casino – FAQs
Unfortunately, when it comes to software, a big question for Apple users is whether it will work on Macs. There are a few ways online gamblers can check whether a web-based casino is compatible with their Mac or mobile devices:
- Look for the Mac download link – it is important to have a good look at whether a casino does allow Mac players to download games. Some casinos don’t always make this link as readily available as the Windows link. So, have a look at whether you can find the link somewhere else on the site.
- Contact customer support – the quickest way to find out whether a casino is compatible with Mac is to contact customer support on live chat. You can ask them if there is a download option for Mac users and they’ll give you an answer to the question straight away.
- Check whether it offers instant play games – unfortunately, there aren’t many download casinos that are compatible with Mac. If a casino is not optimized for your device, you still have a chance of accessing their game library on your web browser if it is an instant play casino. Generally, we do not recommend using a casino app that does not allow you play on your browser as this usually means that it is not available on mobile either.
- Make sure the casino offers Flash or HTML5 games – you want the smoothest possible gaming experience, right?
You can easily play a wide range of HTML5 and Flash games on Mac OS. Casino game libraries usually offer you the chance to try the following games in free play or for real money:
- Online slots – at most gambling sites, these games make up the bulk of the casino experience. There may literally be hundreds of games available to you to play.
- Roulette – never been able to try European or French roulette? Well, you can play those roulette versions and a whole lot more at gambling sites:
- Blackjack – both PC and Mac owners get access to the widest selection of blackjack variations when they choose to play on the web. So, why not try it?
- Baccarat – you don’t need to have a big bankroll to play baccarat on Mac devices (although you probably already do because you own a Mac.)
- Video poker – there are so many variations of video poker that are only available to online players. The superior graphics used in online games make winning those progressive jackpots even more exciting.
There are loads of other games you can find online. Just make sure that you are playing at the right casinos and you’ll have everything in reach!
We won’t say that Mac users get exclusive bonus offers from casinos (those deals are usually reserved for mobile players). However, that doesn’t mean that players don’t get access to all the bonuses available to all players.
When you join a Mac or mobile friendly casino, you will most likely get access to the following bonuses:
- Welcome bonuses
- Deposit bonuses
- Free spins
- Cashback bonuses
- Reload bonuses
Many of the sites recommended on Gambling360.com also feature loyalty programs, so make sure you have a look at how you can maximize your game time with these deals.
There are two major disadvantages associated with playing casino games online on Mac computers.
- Fewer games are available to you. Although many software developers have moved towards making their games instantly playable on web browsers, there are still many that are only available through the download casino option.
- Some people don’t like using applications like Adobe Flash Player, which is required to play games on your web-browser with some casinos. They feel it puts them at risk of malicious software being installed on their device.
Usually it does not. Some casino software operators have designed packages exclusively for Mac users but this isn’t all too common. Generally, casino software providers design their games to function on Microsoft Windows because the platform is used on an estimated 87.8% of computers.
Yes, however, this means installing the Windows emulator on your Mac at which point we believe you should have just bought a PC. (It would have been cheaper).
You can play many of the most popular casino games, including:
• Table games (roulette, blackjack, craps, baccarat, sic bo, etc.)
• Casual games (scratch cards, bingo, keno, etc.)
Yes, they are. Some would argue that they are even better due to the graphical fidelity often obtained in many Apple products.
Yes, there are live dealer games available on Mac. As most of these games make use of a livestream, they are the perfect option for players making use of an Apple product.
Yes, Mac players also qualify for bonuses. Usually, extra bonuses are reserved for mobile players or those making use of a certain banking method.