Manchester City Vs Burnley Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/22/20
Tonight’s English Premier League action sees Manchester City vs Burnley in both teams 30th match this season. Manchester City seems to be showing no signs of having slowed down despite the league’s three-month hiatus.
Although they trail league leaders Liverpool by 23 points, they seem to be ardent in trying to keeping their title hopes alive by maintaining winning form.
Burnley still has a chance to qualify for the UEFA Europa League next season if they can get a spate of good results in the coming weeks. After all, the latter half of the top 10 is separated by five points.
To get into 8th position, they really only need a single win at the moment. But winning in Manchester has never been easy. So, who will take it in this one?
Man City Vs Burnley Predictions
Well, you know how it goes. Before the prediction comes all the noteworthy points in this matchup.
- Manchester City comes into this one following a big win over Arsenal, where they were able to put three goals past Bernd Leno. Arsenal was pretty terrible in this game, but that doesn’t mean that Man City didn’t play well. They’ve shown very few signs of having been affected by the league’s hiatus.
- City’s star striker Sergio Agüero and midfielder Leroy Sané are expected to be starting in this one. Phil Foden also looks as if he may have gotten the thumbs up. Line-ups have become somewhat more strategic with the current league rules and starting with a massive line-up in from the get-go may give the team enough to get an early lead.
- This is Burnley’s first game since the league restarted. Before the break, they had been on a five-match undefeated streak but four of these games ended in draws. Aside from Tottenham and Arsenal, the team also hadn’t been playing particularly fierce opposition.
- Burnley’s top scorer this season is New Zealand striker Chris Wood who has scored 11 goals for the club this season. Wood has been put up some big performances for the team this season, but after three months away, he may be hard-pressed to do so.
- Head to head, Man City and Burnley have played each other 102 times. City have won 48 times compared to Burnley’s 29 victories. In the last five meetings, City has come out tops on four occasions with the other match ending in a one-all draw.
So, we think this is a pretty easy one. The sportsbooks do too. A moneyline on Manchester City will basically earn you nothing unless you are betting an extraordinary amount of cash. So, instead of making that bet, we suggest you take the -2.5 spread on City. Also, over 3.5 could show a relatively good return.
If you are looking to take some risks though, go for the 4-0 exact scoreline. Man City is fully capable of putting the goals away. The real threat is Burnley bringing one back.
Bet on This Game Here
More soccer betting news:
- West Ham United Vs Wolverhampton Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/20/20
- Southampton vs. Norwich City Preview, Odds & Predictions 6/19/20
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Man United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/19/20
- Man City vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/17/20
- RCD Mallorca vs. FC Barcelona Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/13/20