Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/10/19
Week 10 will see the Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts in a match that is sure to bear a rather unsurprising result. The Dolphins come into the match off a win against the New York Jets. The team had become increasingly competitive in recent weeks, putting up a good show against the struggling Pittsburgh Steelers and even looked at one point to be capable of overcoming the very competitive Buffalo Bills. The win just seemed like it was a long time in the making, and the Dolphins will be looking to carry this momentum into their match with the Colts.
The Colts come into the game off a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, which also saw starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett sprain some ligaments and be pulled during the second quarter. Backup Brian Hoyer was made to finish the game, and he proved to be a rather reliable replacement even if the game ended in a loss. He was able to throw for 168 yards and three touchdowns against one interception. He may be needed against the Dolphins. With this in mind, is the result really as easy as it should be?
Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts Predictions
Well, before we make any predictions, here are some interesting facts about both the Dolphins and the Steelers:
- The Miami Dolphins come into the matchup with a record of 1-7, having recorded their only win of the season last week against the Jets. Although the team has looked to be on the up in recent weeks, they still rank bottom or near bottom for most offensive and defensive stats, such as yards gained and allowed per game and points gained and allowed per game.
- Dolphins starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has been through a tumultuous year (if not career) in which he was named starter than replaced by Josh Rosen, only to be named starter again. He has been performing well in recent weeks, having thrown for 288 yards and three touchdowns against no interceptions. His overall record for the year is 1195 yards and eight touchdowns against seven interceptions.
- Despite losing their starting quarterback unexpectedly to retirement before the start of the season, the Colts have not been doing all that bad this year. Their record is 5-3 so far, and they’ve been pulling some pretty average stats for both offensive and defensive efforts. They are currently ranked 9th overall for total rushing yards, so they will be trying to get past the Dolphins defense with such plays which could prove quite dangerous for Miami.
- There are some questions surrounding whether starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett will be fit for Sunday’s game. He has had a pretty good year so far throwing for 1649 yards and 14 touchdowns against three interceptions. If Brissett doesn’t start, he is likely to be replaced by Brian Hoyer who as mentioned above, did well against the Steelers despite the loss.
Well, with all this said, here are our predictions for the Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts:
- Moneyline – we think that the Colts are going to win this one. Even if Colts backup quarterback Hoyer is made to start, we think that the team will prove to be too much for the Dolphins as a collective. We’d shy away from making a straight moneyline though as you’re unlikely to win much on it.
- Spread – we’d recommend taking a chance on a Colts -10.5 line. We think that the Dolphins poor defensive skills could prove quite detrimental against a team that isn’t exactly having problems scoring, especially one that isn’t all that bad at running with the ball.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 30-20 (Parlays: 0-2).
Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/4/19
- Houston Texans vs Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 11/3/19
- New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/3/19
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds Week 9 10/31/19
- Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/28/19