Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Predictions, Picks & Odds 8/4/20
The battle for the NBA’s Eastern Conference continues tonight with Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics. Although it seems that the Milwaukee Bucks have already taken the Conference, there is still a lot to play for in the way of playoff seeding. (There really is no reason to make the road to the NBA Finals any harder than it needs to be.)
The Miami Heat enters this game following a narrow loss against the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors came from behind to take it in, sparking questions about Miami’s capabilities of making a Finals run. However, before this game, they were able to pick up a win over the Denver Nuggets – one of the real contenders in the Western Conference this year.
On the other side, the Boston Celtics following a 128-124 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. In their first game following the restart, the Celtics did lose against the Eastern Conference leaders – the Bucks. But they seem to have shaken off the rust from the unplanned break. Do they have what it takes to win this one?
Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Predictions
Well, before we tell you who we think will take it, let’s look at some stats:
- The Miami Heat started the season restart well with a blowout of the Denver Nuggets. Given the Nuggets’ overall strength, the game made Miami look good. However, they were brought back down to earth against the Raptors in the last one. If anything, the Raptors showed that the team has some weaknesses that can be exploited when under pressure.
- Goran Dragic and Kelly Olynyk have been showing up for the team as of late. Combined, they scored 42 points in the last one. However, the team overall has been struggling to score from the three-point line.
- Miami is currently ranked fourth in the Eastern Conference with a record of 42-25. They trail the Celtics by two wins.
- Sportsbooks are looking at Miami as the underdog in this one. This is bad news for spread bettors considering they have gone 1-5 in their last six games as the underdog against the spread.
- The Celtics enter this one with a win against the Trail Blazers. Since the restart, they have gone 1-1 with the loss coming against the Milwaukee Bucks. The Celtics struggled against the Bucks, which may show that they struggle when put under pressure.
- Unsurprisingly, Jayson Tatum has been leading the way for the Celtics since the restart. In the last game, he picked up 34 points with eight assists. He was followed by Jaylen Brown, who has also had a pretty good season.
- Boston is currently ranked third in the Eastern Conference with a record of 44-22. They trail the Raptors by four wins.
- The Celtics are not the team to bet on beating the spread if recent history is anything to go by. They are 0-3-2 against the spread in their last five games. However, if you look at their record against Miami, which 7-2 against the spread, you may think otherwise.
Games like this aren’t always the easiest to bet on because there really doesn’t appear to be a clear winner. The Boston Celtics are favored, given their recent history against Miami. However, they haven’t really been playing in a way that would suggest that they should be considered such favorites.
However, Miami just dropped a game against the Raptors in the closing minutes of the game. So, they are clearly beatable.
We say take Boston for the moneyline. It’s not a big payout, but this game has a spread line that could go either way. If you are feeling risky, try your luck on it.