Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
Week 7 will see a big NFC North matchup take place with the Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions. Both teams are looking relatively good this year despite entering into the game under vastly different circumstances. The Minnesota Vikings are coming off a decisive Week 6 win over the Philadelphia Eagles, which saw their defense put up a good performance and finally throw for more than 10 yards.
However, the Detroit Lions are coming off a very unfortunate loss against the Green Bay Packers. Arguably, questionable calls robbed the Lions of a potential victory over one of their division rivals. Matthew Stafford wasn’t able to throw for a touchdown in the game, but was able to help his team gain 265 yards – the very least needed to make some good, old field goals. Who will win in this NFC North matchup?
Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Predictions
So, before we get into the prediction making, which is generally what most people come here for, here’s a look at some of the stats that helped up make those predictions.
- With regards to season records thus far, Vikings come into the game with a 4-2 record, and the Detroit Lions with a record of 2-2-1. However, given what happened with the Lions and Packers game, it’s very difficult to use this aggregate to evaluate form.
- Despite a big win against the Eagles last week, the Vikings have not done well against divisional opponents this season. They have already lost against the Bears and Packers. The Lions also have not won against an NFC North opponent this season, having only played the Packers.
- Kirk Cousins has been questioned throughout the season for his simple refusal to throw long balls. It seems that he has been getting better since the loss against the Bears, having thrown for 333 yards, four touchdowns and an interception against the Eagles last week.
- The Vikings have got the 3rd best rush offense in the league this year, so far averaging 159 yards a game. The Lions have been pretty terrible at defending against rushers, so far allowing 134 yards per game. (In addition to this, they also ranked 29th for overall yardage allowed with 413.8 yards per game.)
With all this considered, here are our predictions for Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions:
- Moneyline – we think that this going to be a tough game for both teams but that the Vikings will eventually edge past the Lions to take victory.
- Spread – here we’d stick with a Vikings -1.5 line. We think that if the Vikings win, it is not going to be by a landslide. As mentioned above, both teams have been in pretty good form in different areas of the game so far this season.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 18-11 (Parlays: 0-2)
Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins Preview, Predictions & Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions & Betting Odds