Nashville Predators at New Jersey Devils Picks, Predictions & Odds 1/30/20
In tonight’s NHL match line-up, we have got the Nashville Predators at New Jersey Devils in an interconference clash between two struggling teams. The Predators come into the game off a big 5-4 win against the Washington Capitals in what proved to be a very thrilling game. At 6th place in the Central Division, the team will need to get such results on the regular if they really intend on making the playoffs this season, and a struggling team such as the New Jersey Devils may just be the team to do it against.
The New Jersey Devils come into the game following a shoot-out win against the Ottawa Senators, which wasn’t all too impressive, seeing as the Senators are struggling a lot themselves. The team at the very least will be playing at home, which usually should make the difference but hasn’t seemed to in the case of the Devils. Who will win in this clash between two struggling teams: the Predators or the Devils?
Nashville Predators at New Jersey Devils Predictions
Before we take a look at our predictions, here are a few Predators/Devils stats we looked at while making these predictions:
- The Nashville Predators come into the game with a record of 23-19-7. They are better on the road than on the at home with a record of 12-9-3 for away games. They have had a pretty even score in their last 10 at 5-4-1. They enter the game with a big win over the Washington Capitals in Washington. This will be their second game on the road.
- Pekka Rinne is projected to be starting goaltender for the Nashville Predators tonight. The team has gone 16-11-3 with Rinne on the ice. So far this season, the team has posted a goals against average of 2.98, and a save percentage of .897. In his last game, he let four goals in a loss against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- The New Jersey Devils come into the game with a record of 18-24-7. They have a terrible home record of 7-9-7, which indicates that there is a good chance that they could lose this game. In the last 10 games, they have posted a record of 4-5-1, which is better than in recent weeks but still pretty bad.
- MacKenzie Blackwood is projected to be starting for the New Jersey Devils tonight. The Devils have gone 15-12-6 on the ice and posted a goals-against-average of 2.95 and a save percentage of .906. In his last game, he posted a win against the Ottawa Senators but allowed three goals.
- Offensively, the Nashville Predators outrank the New Jersey Devils on every single metric. Two notable areas include shots on goal and faceoff percentage.
- Defensively, the Predators outrank the Devils in every metric except for penalty kill percentage. One particular area the Predators really shine is shots on goal allowed where they rank 5th in the league.
So, with all this said, here are our predictions for the Nashville Predators at New Jersey Devils:
- Moneyline – we’re going for the Nashville Predators on this one. The Devils just aren’t performing very well and do even worse at home, and the Predators are riding high off a victory against the Capitals.
Nashville Predators at New Jersey Devils Odds