Betting on the NBA Eastern Conference makes up approximately half of all the bets made on the league – perhaps, even more given the recent dominance of the Milwaukee Bucks. The NBA Eastern Conference is filled with some of the oldest teams in the league as well as the most successful. Currently, to date, the Boston Celtics have won the most NBA Championship titles. In addition to that, the Toronto Raptors are the most recent winners of the NBA Finals. This all makes for a very competitive division and one that is highly likely to payout well on some bets.
If you would like to find out more about betting on the NBA Eastern Conference make sure to stick around. Below we have a good look at betting on the Eastern Conference, the teams in the conference and betting tips to keep in mind when making these bets. We also have a look at the top online gambling sites for basketball bets. So, what are you waiting for? Begin betting on the Eastern Conference NBA today!
NBA Eastern Conference Links
- Best Eastern Conference NBA Betting Sites 2020
- NBA Eastern Conference Betting Lines
- NBA Eastern Conference Teams
- Best NBA Eastern Conference Betting Tips
- NBA Eastern Conference Standings
- Current NBA Eastern Conference Odds
- Eastern Conference NBA History
Avid NBA fans can expect to find all the same betting lines they have on other basketball matches on Eastern Conference games. If you are not really sure about betting on the NBA in general, here is a list of the lines you can expect to find on the league at the best NBA betting sites:
- Spreads – this is the most popular NBA Eastern Conference betting line. Sports betting sites set a favorite and an underdog. The favorite is then given a score they must beat the underdog by in order for the bet to be successful. Bettors wager on whether or not the favorite or underdog will be able to overcome the line.
- Moneyline – this is a bet made on a team to win a game. As NBA games are usually a bit predictable, these bets don’t always payout very well.
- Totals – these bets involve making wagers on the total score of a match combined. The sportsbook will set several lines and then bettors will have the option of whether the total score will come in under or over that line.
- Futures – these are bets made on a team to win the Eastern Conference. These bets must be made long before the actual game is played. As bettors make these wagers long in advance, they are usually accompanied by high odds and thus big payouts.
- Props – these are bets made on events taking place in the game rather than the actual outcome of the game itself. An example could be betting on Jayson Tatum to score more than 30 points in a game.
Looking to bet on one of the teams in the Eastern Conference? Well, why not have a look at one of our dedicated guides down below? Each is sure to give you a better understanding of the NBA Eastern Conference playoff picture:
Although you may be the biggest basketball nerd out there, betting on the NBA is a whole different ball game. So, here are some tips to help you make better bets on the league. While we no set of tips is ever sure to guarantee you wins, there are a few that are likely to help you make better bets on a regular basis. These include the following:
- Shopping for Odds – don’t just take the odds you have find at the first sportsbook you find with the line you want to bet on. Rather, have a look at the odds on offer at multiple different sports betting sites and work on finding the line that will make you the most money.
- Look at Team Stats – have a look at the stats of teams and players before making your decision. Remember that a great player could be having a bad season and a bad team could be in the process of rebuilding.
- Follow Public Betting Trends – whether or not you are trying to fade the public, following public betting trends can be very helpful. They give you an idea of how the public thinks the game is going to go and forces you to re-evaluate your betting decision.
- Use Bonuses – the NBA playoff season is filled with opportunities to make more bets using bonus cash at sports betting sites. You have to make sure that you are using some of these bonuses to make bets on exciting Eastern Conference playoff games.
Check out our Eastern Conference Division guides:
Sometimes having a look at the NBA Eastern Conference standings can help you make better bets by telling you whether or not a particular team is struggling. Having a look at the conference standings is particularly helpful when looking at making bets on the NBA Eastern Conference playoffs bracket. At the moment, the current NBA Eastern table looks as follows:
|13||New York Knicks||17-38|
Looking to make some bets on odds to win Eastern Conference NBA? Well, have a look at some of the compelling odds listed down below. We’ll tell you one thing; one of the teams are likely to become NBA Eastern Conference champions!
|Team||NBA Eastern Conference Finals Odds|
|New York Knicks||+25000|
The NBA Eastern Conference (known as the Eastern Division until 1970) is one of the two conferences that makes up the National Basketball Association. The Conference consists of 15 teams with the newest being the Charlotte Hornets, which joined the league in the 2004 season, becoming the 30th addition to the NBA.
The Eastern Conference is made up of three divisions: the Central, Southeast and Atlantic divisions. The most successful team in the entire Conference is the Boston Celtics who have won 21 titles – the most in the league. Over the last decade, the conference has been dominated by Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers (or rather, Lebron James who played for both teams.)
Recently, however, the tied has seen a swift change, and other teams have begun to rise to the top; most notably 2019 NBA Champions, Toronto Raptors and the Milwaukee Bucks. Will these teams be able to take home more silverware in coming years? Or, will the Western Conference prove to be too much for them?
Check out our other NBA guides: