Week 7 wraps up with another AFC East clash with the New England Patriots at New York Jets for what is sure to be a rather interesting game. The Patriots and Jets come into the matchup under very different narratives. The Patriots seem to be doing what they have done pretty much every season since Tom Brady was named starting quarterback and that is dominate the league. The team seems to be trying to match its 2007 unbeaten record, and is on track to do so at this point.
However, on the other side, the New York Jets come into the season having racked up a single win in five games. The win came against the Cowboys, who are shaping up to be a potential competitor for the NFC Championship this year, in a game that saw the return of starting quarterback Sam Darnold. The team did look stronger with Darnold back, which makes predicting outcomes in their upcoming match against the Patriots that more interesting.
New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions
Before we get into any prediction making, let’s have a look at some of the stats of both teams heading into the game:
- The Patriots are undefeated this season with a current record of 6-0. In addition to this, they are coming off a big victory 35-14 off another faltering New York team with a young and supposedly capable quarterback.
- Although Tom Brady may not be at the top of the leaderboard for passing yards and touchdowns, he is having a pretty good season, having thrown for 1743 yards and 10 touchdowns against three interceptions. He is currently averaging 290.5 per game.
- The Patriots are currently 6-2 against the Jets at MetLife Stadium. Their last loss against the Jets came in 2015 in overtime.
- Sam Darnold has only been able to play two games this season due to being absent for three weeks with illness. Thus far, he has thrown for 513 yards, and three touchdowns against one interception. In the absence of Darnold, the team suffered some pretty embarrassing defeats.
- Overall, the Jets have not done well when set as the home underdog in recent years. Their record for 2018 is 1-4-1.
With all that said and done, here are our predictions for New England Patriots at New York Jets:
- Moneyline – although you won’t make too much money on it, we do believe that the Patriots are going to win this one. Although the Jets put up a good performance against the Cowboys, we still think the team has some time to go before it really becomes a big competitor in the AFC – their 1-4 record is pretty indicative of that.
- Spread – bettors who are looking to make some good money on this game should really be looking at the spread. We think that the Patriots have been doing well enough to at least meet a -10.5 line. They were already able to pull such off in their first game against the Jets this season (although it is important to note that Darnold wasn’t available for that game.)
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 23-15 (Parlays: 0-2)
New England Patriots at New York Jets Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins Preview, Predictions & Odds