New England Patriots vs. San Francisco 49ers Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/2/20
In today’s list of simulation games, we have another matchup featuring the New England Patriots. This time they will go up against this year’s Super Bowl runner-up, the San Francisco 49ers at Gillette Stadium. Both teams had a great year in terms of defensive play, with the 49ers having been ranked first in the league and the Patriots second.
Both teams have been rated well in Madden 20, with some big-name players in both squads. The 49ers and Patriots both come into this game off a win against moderately challenging opposition. The Patriots scrapped a win off of the Denver Broncos whereas the 49ers hit the Atlanta Falcons hard. Should we be favoring the 49ers in this one? Or, are the Patriots the legacy team to go for?
New England Patriots vs. San Francisco 49ers Madden 20 Sim Predictions
So, let’s have a look at some of the stats in this one:
- On New England’s side, the game still features Tom Brady as the Patriots starting quarterback. With a rating of 91 and great short throw accuracy stats, he is still a player you want on your team. He doesn’t have Rob Gronkowski here (despite their reunion in real life), but he has the next best thing, which is wide receiver Julian Edelman who is rated at 87. Finally, there is running back James White who has a lower overall at 83, but stellar agility and acceleration stats.
- Defensively, there are three-star players to watch who are all rated 88 or higher. They are cornerback Stephon Gilmore (98), cornerback Devin McCourty (92) and linebacker Dont’a Hightower (88).
- On the 49ers side, Jimmy Garoppolo is starting quarterback. While he may not have the skills of his old teammate, he is by no means a terrible player with a rating of 84. Behind him is running back Tevin Coleman who is rated at 82 but like James White, has great agility and acceleration stats.
- The 49ers defensive squad is really what makes every game interesting. Cornerback Richard Sherman is the highest rated player in the team at 94. He is followed by defensive end Nick Bosa at 89. Following Bosa, there are four players rated at 85: defensive end Arik Armstead, defensive tackle DeForest Buckner, linebacker Dee Ford and linebacker Fred Warner.
We think this is going to be a hard-fought battle, especially with both teams featuring great defensive players. Overall, we do think that the game tends to favor the Patriots on more occasions than not (which is why they won the Sim Classic). However, the 49ers aren’t easy opposition.
This is really a 50/50 game. We think that because the game tends to be more in favor of the Patriots, you should go for them. (Although we think that in real-life, the 49ers would probably win.)
Bet on This Game Here
More NFL betting news here:
- Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/1/20
- Los Angeles Rams vs. Kansas City Chiefs Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 5/29/20
- Green Bay Packers vs. Cleveland Browns Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 5/28/20
- New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 5/27/20
- Seattle Seahawks vs Chicago Bears Madden 20 Sim Predictions, Picks & Odds 5/26/20