Game Portland Trail Blazers at New Orleans Pelicans
Date & Time Tuesday February 11, 2020, 8:00 PM (EST)
Location Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
The Line Trail Blazers Moneyline
Tonight, it’s the New Orleans Pelicans against the Portland Trail Blazers at the Smoothie King Center in Louisiana. The Pelicans come into the matchup on a two-game winning streak that they will be looking to continue. Their last game saw them get a big 124-117 win over the Indiana Pacers. The Pelicans played to their strengths and were on the road, where they are supposedly a much better team. They struggle to get wins at home though.
The Portland Trail Blazers come into this game on a one-game winning streak following a big victory over the Miami Heat. The team seems to be on an upward streak with them winning most of their last ten games. Point Guard Damian Lillard has been having a good season that has seen him average around 29.9 points per game, which is third best in the league. With the Pelicans as bad as they are on their home court and the Trail Blazers on an upswing, is this game as easy to predict as we think it is? We have a look below!
Get more NBA picks here.
New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trail Blazers Predictions
Before we get to picks, here’s a look at some key New Orleans Pelicans and Portland Trail Blazers facts:
- New Orleans comes into the game ranked 11th in the Western Conference with a record of 22-31. The team drops more games at home than they do on the road with their record at 10-16. In their last 10, the Pelicans have gone 6-4, which is pretty middling and with the Trail Blazers being average opposition, suggests a good opportunity to win.
- Brandon Ingram has pulled out some big performances for the Pelicans since joining this season. The NBA All-Star will need to be on his best game if the Pelicans are going to trump the Trail Blazers.
- The Portland Trail Blazers come into the game ranked 9th in the Western Conference with a record of 25-29. They are not all that great on the road, having posted a record of 10-18 and have gone 7-3 in their last 10. Currently, they are on a one-game winning streak following a win over the Miami Heat.
- As mentioned above, Damian Lillard is the man to watch out for in this game. The Pelicans will need to work hard to get a handle on him. With his recent performances, we doubt that the Pelicans will really be able to do so.
- Statistically, the Pelicans and Trail Blazers seem to trade paint in many areas. The New Orleans Pelicans are ranked third for three-point field goals whereas the Trail Blazers are third for free throws etc.
- When these two teams last played (23 December 2019), the New Orleans Pelicans walked away with a 102-94 victory.
Now that we have gotten through all of the stats and facts, here are our predictions for the New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trail Blazers:
- Moneyline – Portland Trail Blazers are the pick here. As mentioned above, Portland seems to be on the up and even though they are not the best team on the road, New Orleans is not the best team at home. We also don’t think that the Pelicans will be able to keep Damian Lillard under control.
New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trail Blazers Odds
Get the Best Odds
More NBA Betting News
- Orlando Magic vs Atlanta Hawks Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 2/10/20
- Miami Heat at Golden State Warriors NBA Pick Preview 2/10/20
- Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 2/10/20
- Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 2/10/20
- Toronto Raptors vs Minnesota Timberwolves Predictions, Picks & Odds 2/10/20