Week 7 will see a big NFC matchup with the New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears for what is sure to be a very competitive match. The Saints have done pretty well this season so far, despite losing starting quarterback Drew Brees in Week 2 to a hand injury. Teddy Bridgewater has led the team since, and has at the very least been able to keep the team in prime position to make the playoffs with a 5-1 record thus far.
The Chicago Bears come into the matchup off a bye week and have been set as favorites for the matchup, which is unsurprising seeing as they will be playing at Soldier Field. The team has had a mixed start to the season with a record of 3-2 thus far. They also lost starting quarterback Mitch Trubisky to a shoulder injury in Week 4 but he is said to potentially be making an appearance this week. So, who will win this matchup?
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears Predictions
As per usual, here is a look at some core stats and facts that may influence your betting decision in this upcoming matchup:
- The Bears enter the matchup following a close loss against the Oakland Raiders. This will be the team’s first game at home since travelling to London. The Saints, however, enter the matchup on a four-game winning streak with their last victory being a 13-6 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Saints quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has performed relatively well since filling in for the injured Brees. In his four games as starter, he has been able to throw for 924 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions.
- On the other side, Bears quarterback Mitch Trubisky, who is suggested to be starting this game, isn’t really having the same sort of season. Before getting in injured in Week 4, Trubisky was only able to throw for 579 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. There are also fears regarding his disinclination to throw long balls.
- The Bears rank third overall in the league this year with regards to points allowed with an average of 13.8. The Saints currently rank eleventh with a total of 20.3 points per game.
- Bears defensive end Akiem Hicks will not be available for the match after suffering an elbow injury. Hicks has had a good season thus far, and proven to be a big part of the Bears defensive line.
- The Saints currently have a record of 2-1 on the road, whereas the Bears have a 1-1 record at home.
So, with all this said and done, here are our predictions for New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Saints. The team has managed to rack up some big wins against some pretty strong opposition over the last few weeks, such as the Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys. While the Bears are a very strong defensive side, the absence of Hicks will be felt, and whether or not their offense will be able to make up for it remains questionable.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 17-11 (Parlays: 0-2)
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears Odds
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions & Betting Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars Preview, Predictions & Odds