In tonight’s NHL action, we’ll see the New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators in a solid Eastern Conference clash. The two teams are having very different seasons with the Islanders possibly challenging for the Metropolitan Division title this year, whereas the Senators may be challenging for the last spot on the overall table. Both teams come into the game off some home wins. The Senators were able to pull off a 5-2 victory against a struggling Detroit Red Wing side, which saw a number of their players get on the scoreboard.
Arguably, the Islanders faced stiffer opposition from the Arizona Coyotes, who have also shown that they are a pretty capable team this year, but were able to walk away with a 4-2 victory in New York. This was their fifth win in a row in a season, they are hoping it will turn into a good Stanley Cup run. It seems pretty clear who has got the edge in this matchup, but should you place that bet?
New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators Predictions
Before placing any NHL bets on either the Islanders or Senators, have a good look at some of these stats and facts:
- The Islanders come into the match with 6-3-0 record, and off of five wins. The Senators aren’t having the same season and have thus far posted a 2-6-1 record but they are coming off a win.
- Islanders starting goaltender, Thomas Greiss and backup goaltender Semyon Varlamov are both having pretty good seasons. Greiss has posted a save percentage .930 and his goals against average is 2.21 so far, whereas Varlamov has got a save percentage of .921 and a goals against average of 2.43. Regardless of which of these two goaltenders play, it seems like New York will have pretty similar odds of winning.
- Senators goaltender Andres Nilsson has a good game against the Red Wings. He enters the game against the Islanders with a save percentage of .935 and a goals against average of 2.73. He has, however, been inconsistent, which means there is a chance that he won’t be able to replicated good form against the Islanders.
- The Senators are currently ranked the worst team in the NHL and despite a big 5-2 victory over the Red Wings, they aren’t really scoring as consistently as fans would like, and their defense is letting too much through too. If New York is on their game, Brock Nelson and Matthew Barza should be able to help the Islanders to a cool road win.
So, with all this said, here are our predictions for New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators:
- Moneyline – go for New York. The team is on a good winning streak and they are going up against the worst team in the league. Although the Senators were able to pick up a win against the Red Wings, Detroit isn’t exactly opposing opposition either.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 14-18
New York Islanders at Ottawa Senators Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Philadelphia Flyers at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions & Odds 10/24/19
- Washington Capitals at Edmonton Oilers Predictions & Odds 10/24/19
- Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators Preview, Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/23/19
- Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/22/19
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds