Week 8 will see an AFC East clash with two of the worst teams in the league going at it to find out who truly deserves the bottom spot of the division with the New York Jets at Miami Dolphins. The Jets come into this game off a big loss against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Sam Darnold performed better in that game than against the Patriots but the franchise’s outlook still looks quite bleak. They have won only a single game this season, and continue to lose in spite of Darnold’s presence.
The Dolphins come into this match without notching a single win this season. Their last game saw them lose against the Pittsburgh Steelers in what proved to be a rather odd game. Although many thought the Steelers would dominate the fixture, the Dolphins actually went into halftime with a 14-0 lead which they later squandered. So, who will win this matchup? Have the Dolphins found the only team that is possibly worse than them?
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Predictions
So, before we get into prediction making, here are some key stats that all bettors need to keep in mind about the Jets and the Dolphins before making any bets:
- New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold has only played four games this season and has gone 1-3 so far. He has thrown for a total of 817 yards and five touchdowns against eight interceptions (four of which game in a single game). He didn’t perform too well against the Jaguars where he threw two touchdowns for three interceptions. It definitely seems he is a bit rattle since the big loss against New England.
- Miami Dolphins starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has been steadily improving since retaking the starting position. He has thrown for 907 yards and five touchdowns against seven interceptions this season. He scored two touchdowns against two interceptions against the Steelers on Monday.
- The Dolphins lead the Jets 6-4 in their last 10 meetings. It is important to note though that those squads may have not been purposely trying to tank, and that the Dolphins of today is very different from the past. That said, the Dolphins have been very competitive in recent games, suggesting that they may actually have a good chance of winning this one and not going 0-16.
- Neither team has particularly good offensive stats. Neither team is averaging more than 11 points per game, while both are registering less than 260 yards per game.
With all that said, here are our betting predictions for the New York Jets at Miami Dolphins:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Jets, although we think that this will be a close one. We think that the Jets are still a better team than the Dolphins. They are averaging less yards per game but at the very least they have been able to win a game this season and against some relatively challenging opposition at that.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 28-18 (Parlays: 0-2)
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check the latest NFL betting news here:
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds Week 9 10/31/19
- Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/28/19
- New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 10/27/19
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19